Heyo

Usagikitti

Registered
Reaction score
So, Hi all, I am Crysie. I sorta introduced myself by just plopping myself into chat last night. I am trying to break into writing as a profession - been creating little stories in my head most of my life just to amuse myself and now since being unemployed for over a year thought I might give it a whirl. Don't really have anything to lose and can still write while I do other things.

I am a Christian but please don't worry, I am not the kind that will stand on top of you and try to shove it down your throat, the whole time telling you I love you but you are a horrible sinner - those people make me want to vomit and are not Godly or loving at all. But I am looking to write in the way of JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis style kind of fantasy with religious themes woven into them so they can appeal to not only christians. Of course there will be some of my work that isn't religious themed and some that is strictly religious themed - hey there is variety out there and I can appeal to all.

I love video games, anime, sci-fi and action movies. I like comedy too - laughter keeps you healthy and younger looking, trust me. I live in North Carolina in the United States, the good old South. We have a small zoo, 2 dogs (Border Collie and Minature Beagle), 1 Minature Cat (unintenional, she just was born that way), 2 ferrets, 2 turtles, 2 Bearded Dragons, 2 Corn Snakes, 2 King Snakes, 2 Boa Constrictors, 9 Ball Pythons (you were starting to think Noah's Ark weren't you? lol), 1 Tegu Lizard, Rats (Snakes gotta eat something), and African Soft Fur Rats (Ball Pythons like them best).

I am generally pretty easy to get along with, I mean I get fired up about things but rarely do I get to anyerism explosive level with them. And even then they are short burst things - it takes too much energy to stay mad at anything for too long and I don't have that much energy or attention span to waste for either. I am an unintentional overachiever I have discovered in therapy - go figure. My mind is usually on warp factor 5 while my body is back on impulse so at times I am everywhere and no where all at once - confusion has been my best friend many times. lol.

So while I can stop myself from rambling on because of nerves or whatever, I just wanted to try and drop a note so that people can hopefully understand me better who have met me and those who haven't will figure out whether they want to talk to me or not.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

A must read thread is the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. Also check out Cathy_C's thread, which is also stickied at the top of the Newbie forum, Next on our tour, if you'll look to the left, you'll notice... to find out about the various buttons and icons, and also about rep points, how to PM (private message) members, custom avatars and a whole host of other useful stuff,

If you have any problems you can PM (private message) me and I'll see if I can help, or you can post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread at the top of the newbie forum.

And for fun, we have the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread. Pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And so much fun.

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies? :D

heth718

With a passion!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hmarycole.web.officelive.com
Hi and Welcome!!

Im a Christian in NC, too! And lately I've been thinking how we need some good books to read. Alot of my friends at church (and myself) have been reading some series like Potter, Twilight, and others because we want the adventures and excitement but I don't hear anyone referring good Christian books they couldn't put down.

You should take some time to read through the Newbie Forum stickies (like JVC mentioned). It is pretty helpful.

Also try this thread:
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6710
Uncle Jim talks about being disciplined about writing; setting aside time whether you feel like it or not. I am struggling with that myself, but working on making it a part of my routine.

After awhile you will find all the helpful threads if you just click around. There's info on format, genres, queries, and there is also a social group for fantasy writers. Here are some good links:

AW Dictionary (helps you with acronyms and stuff):
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21648

Index of Existing Threads on Popular Basic Writing Question Topics:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152587

Exercises and Games (I love this) to help get your brain going:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33

I'm glad you're here and hope to see you around the boards! :D