The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Letort Literary Agents, LLC

practical experience, FTW J. Y. Moore's Avatar

Question Letort Literary Agents, LLC

Does anyone have any experience with this agency? I found them on Writers.net and queried them on 5/5. Their web site, http://www.letort.lit.com says they reply within 3 weeks but I haven't heard anything from them so started looking (I know, a little late). I have been unable to find anything else on them.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

J. Y. (Jean) Moore

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Ya gotta glurp in that link: http://www.letortlit.com/default.htm.

What hoists the red flag for me is the complete lack of client list. If they respond to your status query, be sure to get info on what they've sold so you can verify it.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    It's possible this agency may have gone out of business. It has been at least a year since it opened, and the website appears to be totally static. As far as I know, this agency has no sales (if an agency is going to be successful, it will begin making regular sales within six months to a year of starting up. Any longer suggests the agent lacks expertise and contacts).

The Writers Net directory is not the best place to search for agents. Since it's a database where anyone can enter information, there's a large number of marginal and amateur agents listed. A good print guide, such as Jeff Herman's Writer's Guide, is a much better source.

- Victoria

Elder Scrolls devotee
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriastrauss
    A good print guide, such as Jeff Herman's Writer's Guide, is a much better source.
    Though it should be noted that Jeff Herman's Guide does contain listings for agents who are not recommended on P&E. So always check multiple sources.

practical experience, FTW J. Y. Moore's Avatar

Exclamation Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaoPaux
    Ya gotta glurp in that link: http://www.letortlit.com/default.htm.

What hoists the red flag for me is the complete lack of client list. If they respond to your status query, be sure to get info on what they've sold so you can verify it.
    Sorry about the glurp (I like the term). Guess I needed to proofread, huh ?

Thanks to everyone for the advise/feedback. I had this in my tickler file to check on but decided to see what their credentials were before following up. Those red flags went up pretty quickly with just a little checking (which I should have done before querying in the first place).

Anyway, thanks again. I don't guess I'll bother with the followup.

J. Y. (Jean) Moore

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Site is gone (was updated once, in Dec 2006). No sign of either Elizabeth Sabine or Michael Reed agenting elsewhere.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: