Bush Administration thought Rowling 'encouraged witchcraft'

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh I get ya. But we can make jokes, right? :D

And why Tony Blair? The only reason I can think of is Bush wanted to reward his faithful poodle. Or he got a backhander. I can't think of anything else. Unless they got jiggy with it at some point, and this was to stop the blackmail photos getting out :D

My God. As if the thought of Tony Blair didn't make me nauseous enough...

:D

Hey could be worse - coulda been a threesome with Gordon.

Nah they didn't like Gordon. They'd have preferred Thatcher.

*throws up everywhere* ;)
Isn't that supposed to be the whole idea behind the "Bohemian Grove?"

ETA: Except that leaves Thatcher out. I'm surprised they haven't admitted women yet, and even more :rolleyes: surprised that Hillary and Margaret have never brought that example of sexism to light.

Last edited:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
And why do people actually seem to get offended/annoyed because some other person--that they likely don't even know--failed to get one of these awards.

... I think this would happen a lot less if the criteria for awards was spelled out more. The vague one for the Presidential Medal of Freedom states that the medals are given in recognition of those individuals whom have made "an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors."

Nice, but again, too vague, lending itself to a vast amount of interpretation -- and debate.

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't that supposed to be the whole idea behind the "Bohemian Grove?"

ETA: Except that leaves Thatcher out. I'm surprised they haven't admitted women yet, and even more :rolleyes: surprised that Hillary and Margaret have never brought that example of sexism to light.

Either that, or some seemingly derogatory terms used about Thatcher are true... ;)

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
Matt Latimer has about as much credibility as any other former speechwriter who trashes his ex boss. And that means very little. These writers are supposed to have the president's confidence. This sort of shit will only make presidents less likely to trust people. This guy is nothing but a greedy attention whore looking to profit. Ignore him.

And even if you ignore that fact, I find it's best to take anything someone says in which they have zero hard evidence with a boulder of salt.

Last edited: