Reaction score

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
For what it's worth, I think the parole board did the right thing. It sounds as if she was treated humanely.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Susan Atkins was 61?! Time sure flies.

The saddest thing is that Sharon Tate's baby boy would be the same age as me right now.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
For what it's worth, I think the parole board did the right thing. It sounds as if she was treated humanely.

A little too humanely, if you ask me. She should not have had the right to live. Good riddance to bad garbage.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I consider what the last minutes of Sharon Tate's life must have been like, and to tell you the truth, I feel nothing for this woman.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
What a wasted life.
A lot of lives were wasted because of Charles Manson. He and the family didn't deserve to live after their 1970 murder convictions. Just imagine the money the US gov't could've saved.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
Squeaky out, Sexy Sadie dead, and I've got a premiere of a short film about the Manson Family this weekend. (I played Squeaky.)

I am also a reluctant death penalty opponent. But this death looks much more painful than the chair.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
The lives that were taken bother me more, but yeah, what a waste.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Daddy always said you make your bed hard, you gotta lie in it.

Bye-bye, Sexy Sadie. You screwed up your own life and so many others. I don't feel sorry for your death. I feel sorry for the waste you made of your life.

Sexy Sadie you'll get yours yet
However big you think you are
However big you think you are
Sexy Sadie oooh you'll get yours yet

~ The Beatles

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
A lot of lives were wasted because of Charles Manson. He and the family didn't deserve to live after their 1970 murder convictions. Just imagine the money the US gov't could've saved.
How? Are you saying the cost of holding somone in prison for four decades is greater than the death penalty cost?

Actually there does seem to be some dispute about which costs more and how to measure all the various costs involved, as the pages at procon.org and denverpost.com discuss, but one can't just assume that life without parole costs more than the death penalty.

ETA: And with the vitriol in this thread, reducing the amount the Government spent on the subject seems to be the a big factor on how and when she was to die.

Last edited:

DavidZahir

Malkavian Primogen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
undeadwhispers.yuku.com
I don't think "saving money" is a good reason to kill anyone. Ever.

And I'm glad she wasn't released nor will any of Manson's followers. Maybe they really are sorry. Hope so. It is possible. People do change. But that isn't the point. They are demonstrably too dangerous for words. No getting out for those crimes, ever.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
How? Are you saying the cost of holding somone in prison for four decades is greater than the death penalty cost?

Actually there does seem to be some dispute about which costs more and how to measure all the various costs involved, as the pages at procon.org and denverpost.com discuss, but one can't just assume that life without parole costs more than the death penalty.

ETA: And with the vitriol in this thread, reducing the amount the Government spent on the subject seems to be the a big factor on how and when she was to die.

How much does a bullet cost? I mean, really. The rest is just bureaucratic bullshit.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I was too young to really feel much beyond abstracted horror at Charlie Manson.

So...I don't know how I feel about this.