• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

RealWritingJobs.com

TNWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this question.

Has anyone heard of this company? Does anyone work for them?

They claim to be overflowing with freelance jobs. Access costs : 4.95 3 day trial and then 47 one-time fee.

Any information on this would be helpful.

TNWriter
http://chergreen.blogspot.com/

WriteChoice

Registered
Reaction score
now it's $2.95 for a 10-day trial, then $47/MONTH! Sounds like a scam to me. But I haven't gotten any writing gigs off of elance or odesk lately...getting desperate.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
I would not sign up for any service that charges you for freelance writing jobs. It's nothing you can't find yourself with some networking skills, diligence and plain ole Web surfing.

I do have a listing at www.writeraccess.com and while I haven't gotten any gigs from it (I never really updated my profile since I get most of my work through existing clients/word-of-mouth/networking relationships) I did get a few people very interested. I turned down the jobs because they weren't what I was looking for.

DEFINITELY read the job listings at www.freelancewritinggigs.com (I assume the site is still high quality under the new owners... anyone still using it regularly and finding gigs?)

Dawn

themanda

waiting sucks...
Registered
Reaction score
i registered with a dummy name/email address and it just redirects to a "join now!" spiel page.

i'd say it's just a pyramid scheme.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
Found this in the Terms of Service:

Membership includes a 7 DAY $4.95 risk free trial. During this time, you have the opportunity to cancel your membership with REALWRITINGJOBS.COM to avoid the one time fee of $77. You will be billed the $77 on the (8th) day after you sign up. If you would like to cancel your service, you can do so by accessing your receipt you received when you ordered.

Looks like they're also making money paying affiliates to get people to sign up.

Also a little Googling suggests that some people are paying $47 a month.

Yog's Law, folks. Money flows TO the writer.

Oh, and look: AW already has a thread on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
I did not sign up for them, but they got my email address when I went to their site, and now I get email DAILY telling me their jobs are going fast. I'm going to have to block them.

Buffysquirrel

Registered
Reaction score
*raises paw*

Thanks everyone for the info. I didn't realise there was a fee.

And I looked to see if there was already a thread. Honest!

^_^

Reaction score
realwritingjobs.com

Here's what seems to be the latest scam. Realwritingjobs.com purports to be a place where writers can get freelance gigs from, but they charge $47 per month. However, you can try it out for 10 days if you pay $2.95 by credit card. They don't mention that they keep charging your card thereafter, except in the fine print.

There's more about it here: hhttp://accrispin.blogspot.com/2010/11/fake-writing-jobs-realwritingjobscom.html

The constructive lesson from all this: There's no replacement for writing good manuscripts and querying them to appropriate publishers in a professional, conscientious way. If somebody is offering you a "magic bullet" alternative to this, then your "BS detector" should be sounding alarm bells.