strange music recommendation thread

WordLover

Loki incarnate
Registered
Reaction score
here are some of my favorites-
Fantomas- Director's Cut . metal versions of film theme songs, everything from Godfather to Rosemary's Baby and Twin Peaks.

Karl Sanders- Saurian Meditation. Egypt inspired ambient music.

A.C.

he saw it in the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Depends on what you define as "strange."

The one I really didn't like was:

In This World by Cindytalk

It's the kind of music that can play in the background of nightmares. I only like one song (the one I bought the whole album for) and the rest are too weird/nightmarish for me to enjoy listening to them.

A.C.

he saw it in the stars
Registered
Reaction score
Here's some music that I love that might be considered "strange" by some people:

The Dreaming - Kate Bush
Boys for Pele - Tori Amos
White Chalk - PJ Harvey
A Woman A Man Walked By - PJ Harvey & John Parish
Ágætis Byrjun - Sigur Rós

WordLover

Loki incarnate
Registered
Reaction score
strange as in it would most likely not be played on mainstream radio, only 365Live (online music depot) and might not fit most peoples definition of "accessible" music.

*NeW*WrItEr*

Registered
Reaction score
well I dunno if this is what your lookin for but some good...yet slightly odd music is on youtube. nickasaur. he's all techno but pretty good. and look up Punk Goes Crunk. They have some weird covers of songs on there too.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Here's over 4,500 new songs, all written and recorded since July 1, and no doubt you'll agree some are strange, though of course no two people would agree on which ones are strange. Click the the right-pointing "play" button, the second little icon under the word "Jukebox:"
http://5090.fawm.org/jukebox/
You can click the "This Song's Page" button while any song is playing to open up a tab with lyrics and a link to download the mp3.

Hope you can stand the variety and the sometime-less-than-professional performances, productions and recordings.

As for Youtube, here's someone whose more recent songs you might hear on that jukebox (Billy Sea), but this is an oldie, it dates all the way back to June:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baAnjWlfTYc

Boy, time sure travels fast on the Internet...