• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Bundoran Press Publishing House

frandavea

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like they're mostly into Canadian writers. It also looks like some of their books can be found in B+M stores.

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
They're a startup and completely legit. They've only got a couple of books out and gauging from the cover prices, they might well be POD. I bought Defining Diana a couple of months ago at McNally Robinson here in the toon, and it's a very solid work of sci-fi.

RobertJSawyer

Registered
Reaction score
Bundoran is not PoD

Bundoran Press is absolutely legitimate, and they are NOT a POD outfit; their books are printed, in quantity, by Friesens, one of Canada's oldest and best commercial web-offset printers, based in Manitoba. Bundoran pays advances against royalties.

One of their books, Hayden Trenholm's DEFINING DIANA, was a finalist this year for the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Award ("the Aurora").

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
So at first I didn’t believe it was the real Robert J. Sawyer giving the endorsement. Then I went online and see that, yep, Mr. Sawyer does indeed have good things to say about this publisher.

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your opinion. Bundoran just shot up on my submission list.

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
Bundoran Press is absolutely legitimate, and they are NOT a POD outfit; their books are printed, in quantity, by Friesens, one of Canada's oldest and best commercial web-offset printers, based in Manitoba. Bundoran pays advances against royalties.

One of their books, Hayden Trenholm's DEFINING DIANA, was a finalist this year for the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Award ("the Aurora").

There you go, not a POD - always good to know. I didn't know Defining Diana was a finalist, but I can see how. Super good book!

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
They were sold in 2012 and now focus on Science Fiction. They're currently closed to unagented submissions.

ETA: I tweeted at them and they expect to open to submissions ("1 or 2 slots") later this year.

Last edited: