• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Willing Beta Readers Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

desinty

Registered
Reaction score
Update - I am currently booked for Beta Reading.

I am interesting in beta reading. I love paranormal romance, urban fantasy, new adult, contemporary romance. I am an English professor. I am a writer. I dream of being an editor, so beta reading is my stepping stone.

I am absolutely not interested in stories depicting graphic rape scenes.

I would love to see a synopsis and know the word count before I commit.

Last edited:

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: Not currently availabile

Preference: Some amount of fantasy/sci-fi elements present

Not Interested: Romance or heavily romance-driven (half or more of the plot revolves around or is driven by a romantic entanglement or interest).

Experience: Partial-beta'd several MS's, One full under my belt. A few crits in SYW.

Style: I make a lot of stream-of-consciousness notes, put down what I see, when I see it and what I'm thinking as I read. Can adjust the about of line-by-lines and the bluntness of my comments however you'd like.

Last edited:

bewarethejabb

Monkey With A Typewriter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.scribophile.com
edited to say I can no longer take-off scrib betas. HOWEVER, I run an team of beta readers on scribophile.com and we are always welcoming new people. 4-5 people will beta your book (including me) in one week, and you'll be expected to return the favour. The reason i can't accept any more outside readers is because I am committed to beta-ing a full manuscript in that queue every week.

Availability: In six-week cycles in the Ubergroup queue on scribophile.com only.

Preference: Historical fiction, fantasy, scifi, or literary and non-speculative fiction, that is on AT LEAST it's third draft, has been thoroughly workshopped, and roughly copy-edited to the best of your own ability. I prefer it in standard manuscript format, as you intend to submit. Also happy to check out your query and 1-to-3-page synopsis in the same go.

Not Interested: Romance, erotica, anything that takes place in a high school, and anything that has not been previously workshopped and rewritten at least twice.

Experience: I run the Ubergroup, a small, dedicated group of high-pace critiquers on scribophile.com. The Ubergroup is divided into several teams working at different paces and concentrating on different genres. I am currently at the helm of the Beta Read Team, where we all take turns beta'-ing each other each week, at the same pace described above. I find it's really, really helpful for me to crank out a shit-ton of betas, as it hones what I'm looking for in editing my own work, so I'm happy to fit in more when I have gaps. If you're wondering why I'm looking for more partners here, it's actually because there are only so many people on any given writing site with complete, already-workshopped, third-draft-or-higher, preliminarily copy-edited manuscripts who are also prepared to exchange betas at the rate of up to 90k words per week. Edit: If you choose to offer me a beta-swap, know that mine meets the same standards I require. 6th draft, 90k, been through crap-tons of preliminary workshopping, about 10 betas, and a professional edit, querying now, and would also like the beta back soon, or it hardly does me any good.

My Style: Acerbic.

No, really. I swear like a sailor and I do not coddle your ego even one tiny little bit. I expect you to be able to detect sarcasm on the internet. I am equally lavish with my praise. I jump, scream, shout and yell back at the stage. I have been told repeatedly that my crits are "the harshest thing I've ever seen" "INCREDIBLY HELPFUL" and "holyshitomg you had me rolling on the floor." I'm more than happy to provide references and examples.

I'm fast. I'm consistent. I pull no punches. I expect you to do likewise.

I come from a theatre background and believe Lajos Egri is definitive on what good writing consists of. Premise. Character. Point of Attack. I beta with an eye for tight character-driven drama that would sell to the big six, or hold it's own as live theatre. If you are writing something "experimental," "slow brewing," "open ended," or in any way not tight, classical, character-driven drama, I am not your man.

I do not line edit. I content edit. I talk about your premise, your characters, and your point of attack. I also talk about voice and pacing and general things. If you need a line edit, that is, if your grammar, syntax, word choice or frequency of typos is distracting from the story, I will respectfully ask you workshop with someone better suited to your needs.

Contact: [email protected] or http://www.scribophile.com/authors/jerry-quinn/

Cheers!

Last edited:

Lisagh

Registered
Reaction score
Beta Reading

***Edit to say I am not accepting new beta projects at the moment***

I am interested in beta reading for romance, or paranormal romance. I'm not into anything else.

I am available most always, and would be fairly quick depending on how much I have on my plate. I like the work to be gone over at least twice, and to be copy-edited as best as you are able. I also like it to be in a standard manuscript format. Please use Times New Roman font, anything else hurts my eyes, lol.

I may not be as harsh as some, and I will do my very best for you. :)

PM me if you would like me to beta read for you. :)

Last edited:

Krissy Reynolds

Once Upon A Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Accepting a new round of people through the rest of February!

Preference: Young Adult only please! I only have a few exceptions within the YA genre that I'm not big on reading (see below), everything else is perfect to send my way: Paranormal, Romance (paired with other genre listed), Dystopian, Thriller, Horror, Sci-fi, etc.

What I Won't Read: Anything that's not YA, YA Contemporary (sorry, I just can't read straight contemporary), anything erotica, Western, or high fantasy.

Experience: I've been a critique partner for multiple people, I'm in my senior year of college studying Creative Writing, been through various workshops, and used to review on Inkpop before they killed the site. I've also have previous beta experience.

How I Work: If you want to send it all at once then I'm going to take some time on it (don't expect it returned in 24 hours). I'm very thorough and will leave as many comments as I see fit and try and highlight issues that are repeated. Also, if you only want me to look for certain areas, I can do that too. I'm not a grammar nazi, so I'm stronger if you are looking for things such as characterization, pacing, continuity, plot, etc.

I'd prefer if we just started with the first 3 chapters to just read. If I think we are a good fit, I'll ask you to send the entire manuscript.

Critique: I'm honest. If I have an issue with your character or plot, I'm going to say something. But, I will always give you ways in which I think you can fix the issue or suggestions. My motto is, if you don't agree, then ignore me. After all, it's your story, not mine. I'm never going to just point out all the flaws. I'll also look for whats working and point those areas out too.

Swap: I'm always willing to swap if you'd like to develop a mutual relationship and partnership throughout the writing process. I keep in touch with many of my betas and writing partners, and have known some of them for years now.

Contact: PM me your query or summary, what you are looking to get out of this (plot, characterization, voice, pacing), type of comments (in-line, chapter by chapter, overall), time frame (ASAP, take your time, 3 weeks, etc), and anything special you'd like from me!

Also, if you could tell me more about yourself and how you started writing, why you wrote this, etc. I like to establish relationships with the people I critique for!

Last edited:

Serene09

Registered
Reaction score
I'm new here and willing to beta read to gain more experience.

Availability: Unavailable until April

First drafts are okay. I will let you know what I think about the story and whether your writing style, characters and dialogue are appealing.
I will highlight any grammatical errors that I spot. (Note that of course, I may miss some too.)

Preference: Young Adult, Horror/ Thrillers
Short stories, Novellas, Short Novels

It depends: Adventure

Not Interested: Fantasy, Romance only scenes with NO storyline, Rape scenes

Experience: Beta'd before.

My Style: I will do a general critique and then paragraph by paragraph or chapter by chapter, whichever suits you.

I would generally need a week to review everything. I will let you know how soon I could review your novel.

Last edited:

HannahWing

Wait, what?
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Pretty busy, but I won't turn down something that really piques my interest.

Preference: I’ll try anything once. I must admit a preference for shorter works since I tend to write short stories myself and I'm just comfortable with the format of a short story.

Not Interested: I won’t read rape, graphic violence, or basically anything super dark or depressing. I’m okay with any kind of erotica except incest, non-consensual sex or anything that gives me the creeps. Basically if your story will to haunt me or give me nightmares you should look elsewhere.

Experience: I’ve done a little critting here and a little betaing there. I have a pretty critical eye, so I think that comes in handy.

My Style: I give honest criticism with heaps of sugar. I will tell you where you went right as well as where you went wrong. I’ll do a line by line for shorter stories and for longer ones I’ll give an over all crit on the plot and characters.

Contact: PM me a synopsis, genre and word count and let me know what stage you’re at in your drafting. We’ll see from there.

Swap: Wouldn’t that be nice? I write romance/erotica with some pretty adult situations, so if you’re not okay with that, I’ll still beta for you.

Last edited:

TechD

Rain is my favorite weather.
Registered
Reaction score
Looking to start cutting my teeth on beta-ing and building contacts with fellow writers.

Availability
: Available

Preference: Shorter works <5kish words.

Not Interested: Romance/Erotica, though a scene or two is ok, I just don't want it to be the point of the story.

Experience: I've been reading for the past 20ish years with few periods of inactivity. For sure averaging 2 books a month. Some light writing of my own as a hobby, unpublished.

My Style: I will give you my overall thoughts, where I get bored, what I like, if I get confused, etc. I don't want to read first draft work with grammar/spelling mistakes.

Swap: In the future if willing, no completed works currently.

HSLane

Registered
Reaction score

Availability
: Available

Preference: Shorter pieces - short stories to long novella length.

Not Interested: Mystery/suspense.

Experience: I've been beta-reading for friends for a few years now, and have just started writing.

My Style: I do line-by-lines, mixing in comments on the storyline with grammatical corrections. I'll also typically send my reaction and overall impression of the beta-read piece with the email. I beta-read quickly, and can go even faster if you need it.

Swap: Yes please! I've only got one short story right now, but I'd also love a writing pal to toss ideas around with.

SunshineonMe

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: available

Preference: I have a wide interest- I like to be able to pronounce at least half of the words, so keep that in mind if you have science fiction/fantasy

Bonus Points: It makes me happy when I click your name and see that you have been trying to help other people- We all need it, right?

Not Interested:
no erotica, or paranormal :) No rape/ torture of people/animals- No serious health issues I do best with a "happy ever after' :)

Experience: I've been a beta for the last year, and helped 6 authors so far :D

My Style: I do two chapters at a time- if I point out some obvious flaws in the first two (spelling, etc) I am crossing my fingers that you will look and try to find them before you send the next two.
Contact: PM me a synopsis. I am not interested in first drafts. :) We are all our own best beta the first time through
Swap: Yes, I am open to it for sure- 2 chapters at a time. :)

Last edited:

Koulentis

Troublemaker
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Available.

Interest: Broad range of Humor. 'A Confederacy of Dunces', 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid', and 'Tuesday' are all residents of my bookshelf.

Not interested: Please nothing that doesn't fall within a broad range of humor. Please no scenes of paranormal, erotica, or tales of forcing people against their will. Gunshot to the head = great. Trapping someone in a hole or methodically torturing them = not so great.

Experience: Been a beta reader for years, stretching back to East of the Web days. Have completed a few beta reads for fellow AWers.

Critique: Blunt. Supportive, but blunt. Early structure editing is where I shine. My grammar is worse than my spelling, so if you're looking for that final polish I am not the beta reader for you. I'm more of a steel-wool type.

Contact: PM me if you need a beta reader for your humor novel or short story.

Last edited:

Irissel

Wandering Aimlessly Through Life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
irissel.blogspot.com
Availability: Not Right Now

Interest: I really want to beta a YA Fantasy at the moment. Would consider any YA or MG.

Not interested: Anything not YA or MG.

Experience: I was a creative writing major in college, so I've critiqued a lot of different people and a lot of different kinds of stories. I've never done anything novel-length, though

Critique: I tend to be pretty blunt. I find it much easier to point out things that were done wrong than things that were done right, but I will endeavor to do both. I don't really have time to do a line-by-line right now, so I'd probably be best for someone who's at the macro-editing stage and is looking for ways to improve the overall story.

Swap: I'm working on an MG Fantasy and a YA Fantasy at the moment. Neither are ready for betas but the MG will be in the near future. I would also be interested in doing chapter swaps if anyone's interested.

Last edited:

lianna williamson

Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Case-by-case basis. My work is freelance, so it's hard to predict when my busy times will be. If I don't think I can turn your MS around in two weeks, I'll decline to beta.

Preference: Sci-Fi in any form, low Fantasy, Historical, speculative LitFic, any of the preceding crossed with Romance, any of the preceding crossed with YA.

It depends: Horror (creepy/atmospheric rather than gory), Erotica, Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Romance, Contemporary Romance, Middle Grade.

Not Interested: Memoir, high Fantasy, Inspirational, Western, Mystery, Thriller, "Women's Fiction", highly experimental LitFic.

Things I would prefer not to read about: graphic depictions of rape/torture/child abuse, child death, super long and detailed battle scenes, demonization of Arabs or Muslims (particularly thinly-veiled Fantasy ones).

Experience: I have beta'd one Mainstream novel

My Style: Encouraging but honest. I don't do line editing or fix grammatical errors. Instead, I focus on big-picture questions, both the ones the author has asked me to address, and any that occur to me as I read.

I prefer to work with the entire MS at once rather than receive a chapter at a time.

Swap: God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be in the market for a beta reader for a 110,000 word Sci-Fi novel sometime this spring. I'm open to swapping if it seems like we're a good fit, but I am also fine with beta'ing without swapping. I'd like to get more experience as a beta reader, and put in my time supporting the AW community before I ask for help with my own book.

Elorenalory

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elenalinville.wordpress.com
Availability: I am available and willing.

Preference: soft Sci-Fi (I would consider hard Sci-Fi on case-by-case basis, but I need to understand what I am reading), low Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian, Urban Fantasy, Mystery, any of the preceding crossed with Romance, as long as Romance is not the only focus of the story.

It depends: Horror (I am not big on blood and guts), YA novels in the genres listed above.

Not Interested: Erotica, Memoir, high Fantasy, Inspirational, Western, Thriller, Women Fiction.

Things I would prefer not to read about: graphic depictions of rape/torture/child abuse, gratuitous violence for the sake of violence (by which I mean that it’s not driving the plot)

Experience: I am a regular participant on Critters.org, but most of my experience lies in critiquing short stories. I would love to start learning how to beta longer pieces too.

My Style: I try to be honest about problems I see, but encouraging at the same time. English is not my first language, so I will not do line by line editing, and I don’t feel like I can help you with grammar or punctuation. But I can focus on the big-picture and track down plot holes and inconsistencies, tell you if your characters are acting OOC or which parts of the novel seem to be dragging. I am also more than happy to look for specific things.

I can work either with the entire MS or chapter by chapter, though it's harder to get the big picture with chapter by chapter basis.

Contact: PM me with the genre, word count, synopsis and deadlines.

Swap: I will be working on revising my first novel in the next couple months, so I might request a swap eventually, but right now I am willing to help the AW community and beta with no strings attached.

Fitzandrostand

Loves books, likes to make stuff up
Registered
Reaction score
**Edit to say that I won't be taking any more Beta Projects on for now, will post when available again**

Availability: Available

Preference: Literary fiction, low Fantasy, Dystopian, can do High Fantasy as long as it's not too heavy on the cliche front, Urban Fantasy. Happy to do YA if it's in these categories.

Not Interested: Horror, Romance, Western, Sci Fi. Have no interest in anything overly gory, gratuitous violence, rape/torture/child abuse etc. Also I don't want to look at first drafts, I prefer to look at something that you yourself have Beta-ed first.

Experience: Part of a regular critique group and a lot of what I've done are shorter works but I'm really keen to get into Beta-ing longer work.

My Style: I don't do line by line editing, but rather focus on the big picture. I don't believe in telling you how to fix what I think doesn't work, I think it's best simply to explain why it doesn't work and then let the author work out a solution that's in keeping with their style and vision of the story.
Basically as Neil Gaiman says:
"Remember: when people tell you somethings wrong or doesn't work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong."

Swap: Not looking for a Beta Reader at this point, but I will later down the track. Happy just to help out for now, although would also love a writing buddy to throw ideas back and forth with.

Last edited:

Dimanagul

Will Food for Write
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dimanagul.wordpress.com
Availability: During the Week (M-F) I can get a great deal of reading done.

Preference: Most Fantasy up to Epic Fantasy (that isn't bogged down by Rabbits called smerps.) , Low Sci-Fi, Urban Fantasy with a nice hook, Superhero stories, Suspense, Detective (I have a weakness for Noir.) YA is O.K. especially if its on the shorter side / light reading.

Not Interested: MG, Historical, Christian, Memoir, Coming of Age, Domestics, Children's, Overly High Fantasy (Theres a fine line where my love for fantasy turns to hate), Techno-babble Sci-Fi, Overt themes of bigotry.

Content Note: Sexual content is fine, but I probably wont want to crit erotica. If there is an isolated sex scene I won't freak. As a note I will not damn something because it has a M/M or F/F Romance.

Experience: Critiquing peers online, participation in a local writing group for about two years.

My Style: I'm not a deep editor but I can spot patterns. I have low tolerance for bad female characters / objectification of women / misogyny. However I respect people that approach such things with tact and smart resolution.

You won't be getting LBL from me but I'll acknowledge trends in grammar mistakes. If you need someone that can read past stuff like that I might be a good fit.

I'm fairly blunt about things I don't like and like people to do the same for me. I do have a lightswitch for such things and will ignore 'holes' if asked. I've come to understand the 'one man's poison' mentality.

I have thick skin and belong to the school that you need to be prepared to have any aspect of your story questioned. It is OK to be protective and defensive on a point, but never assume my goal is to insult you. If you can appreciate that, we're golden.

Contact: PM me with a quick synopsis, genre, word-count. From there I'll ask for some sample pages on a word doc.

Swap: I currently have three projects on my plate and would appreciate feedback on any of them. Two Destroyers: my 120,000 word fantasy novel, Ambrosia: my pending vampire hunter Novelette (That I'd like to see how the Romance crowd appreciates), or Macro Corp. My 2013 Superhero Nano Project.

I'd prefer Two Destroyers to get a full read, but partials are fine. Most of my concerns center around the middle chapters that don't get too much attention.

Last edited:

is friday

ermehgerd
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jcstrout.blogspot.com
Availability: I'm stuck on a boat off/on until the summer months. If I'm going to get the betas in, I can do so between now and June/July--hopefully finishing and returning to you by then. I can take 4!

Would Prefer: Fantasy, Horror, Literary, Historical Fic, I like a lot of YA, Dystopian, Sci Fi, Military, some Romance, and most other stuff that's cool.

Only Not Interested In: Erotica.

Life Experience: Critiquing peers online, a couple beta reads. I teach martial arts to Marines, I'm a personal trainer, and I'm an infantryman so I can lend a lot of insight to mil-oriented pieces.

My Style: I come across as very blunt to some. I'm not going to tell you how I would do things unless you specifically ask, but I will tell you what "doesn't work" for me. I have no problem giving my opinion.

I'm not interested in doing a line-by-line, but I can provide a more free form "every so often" response. What I usually do is about 100 words per 1k I read in long essay response. We can always have a conversation if you have questions or need clarification.

Contact: Shoot me an email (isfriday at gmaildotcom) with synopsis, word count, genre, and your plans with the project. My ability to respond to PMs is limited. If I am interested, I'll ask for you to send it my way.

Deadline: I can't promise I would finish before June/July, but if you're okay with me taking a while then I'm your guy.

Last edited:

aestival

Registered
Reaction score
Website
aestival.wix.com
Availability: Available

Preference: I love anything literary. I read the classics! I'm a snob. I like stories out of real life- but will enjoy anything well written.

Not Interested: In young adult or children's books.

Content: I am not afraid of sexuality or dark thoughts/ throw anything at me and I will not be shocked.

Experience: I have no prior experience as a beta reader or writing buddy.

My Style: I am great at story and criticism of content- but not great with grammar issues. I'm not an editor. But, I can tell you my opinion of the material.

contact me with a synopsis of the story you're working on.

Swap: I'm currently writing a novel. I'd appreciate a swap/ writing buddy situation more than a beta reader.

Last edited:

warofthesparks

I know what happened to Baby Jane.
Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: FULL on Beta Reading at the moment.

I Prefer: Fantasy, Horror, YA, Dystopian, Sci Fi.

Not Interested In: Erotica, Romance, Military

Critique Type: I can do line-by-line or general critique on plot, characters, what works/doesn't, etc.

Deadline: If I receive it by Feb. 1, I can have it done by March 1, or possibly sooner.

Last edited:

Lauram6123

Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Currently betaing but PM me! I might be able to squeeze you in.

Preference: Other than what I listed below, I’m pretty open to anything. And no, I honestly don't think you can shock me.

Not Interested: Fantasy, Dystopia, Steampunk, Science fiction (although it would depend on the plot.)

Experience: I have betaed multiple full manuscripts, short stories and individual chapters.

How I Work: I read all the time, (everything from the Dostoyevsky to Stephen King), so I think I come at this with a well-developed sense of what a reader is looking for. I take beta reading very seriously, and put quite a lot of thoughtful energy into critiquing your work.

Critique: I critique the same way that I want my own writing critiqued...honestly. If something isn't working or feels forced, I say so. If I am confused by a character motivation or plot point, I say so. I am not out to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't hesitate to speak up if I think something is off.

Swap: I've got nothing at the moment that needs it. Probably because I spend too much time betaing!

PM me a little about your project. If it sounds like a match, then I would ask for some pages, just to make sure it is something that I can really sink my teeth into.

Last edited:

Jemm0499

Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Booked, but will update when available again. PM me if my WIP interests you and you're interested to Beta, though. Ideally looking for a writing buddy to swap WIPs chapter by chapter.

Preference: YA and New Adult (polished, no early drafts)

Interested in: Fantasy, Romance, Mystery, Paranormal, Urban, Magical Realism, Historical, Contemporary, Coming of Age, LGBT. I like dark; cleverness; humor; wit; strong voice; developed characters; cool concepts; brilliant plots.

Not Interested: Dystopia, Steampunk, Zombies, Vampires.

Content: Fine with everything if it’s well written, but no gratuitous violence or swearing.

Experience: I'm new here, but have an English/Creative Writing BA and NYC publishing background in editorial; I'm well-read with critique experience and have worked as a freelance editor.

Style: I'm detailed and invest myself fully in the work. I strive to give constructive feedback and comments on a range of elements, including plot, story structure, character development, symbolism, voice. You can also tell me what to focus on and read for. I like to make track-changes and comments in the document, as well as write an accompanying critique.

Contact: PM me with your synopsis, genre, word-count, timeline, and something about yourself.

My WIP: YA medieval fantasy about two teenage brothers; the main character is bisexual.

PM me for my synopsis if you’d like to beta read or swap. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Viridian

local good boy
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: somewhat available. I am a college student, though, so sometimes I disappear for a few days, and I am rarely able to beta read long novels.

Preference: Your story must be fantasy or romance. If it falls into one of those two categories, you may message me. Other genres are fine as long as they are paired with one of those two. (For example, a sci-fi romance novel would be fine, and so would a YA fantasy novel.) I particularly like LGBT protagonists (and m/m and f/f romance).

Do not ask for my help if:

• Your story is MG.
  • Your story is literary fiction or women's fiction.
  • Your story is mostly sex. Sex scenes are fine, but I have no taste for them, and won't be much help.

My style: I tend to be straightforward and concise. If your story has a lot of grammatical errors and typos, I might not be the beta for you.

Contact me with a PM. Tell me the wordcount and what your story is about. If I'm interested, I'll read your first chapter and we'll see if we're a good match for each other!

Last edited:

lmclean

Registered
Reaction score
Willing to Beta

Availability: Available.

Preference: I love romance, M/F, F/F. I also like fantasies and mysteries, and erotica. I have been known to also read YA.

Experience: I have been a beta reader for a few authors.

My Style: I read for content and flow if that is what you need and also look for those typos and grammar mistakes. I can leave comments on what works and where there might be a problem.

Contact: PM me. I prefer to read the first few chapters to see if it might be a good fit.

napow27

Pirate, Beer Aficionado, Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.natasha-powell.wix.com
Hi,

Book: I am writing a horror novel called "The Gentleman".

Basic log line: After James Greene looses his soul to a demon known as The Gentleman, he feels he has to either, pay the piper or take his own life, and then a knock at the door gives him a third choice.

Other Info: It's in the copy-editing stage now. Since only editors have seen my garbage so far, I need a beta reader to take a look at it with non-editor eyes (if that makes sense). Would you be interested in reading once it's ready?

Sample: If you wanted a sample of it before the editing is done with it, I have some raw and rough drafts of the work on my blog (napowblog dot wordpress dot com)

Have a great weekend!

napow27

Pirate, Beer Aficionado, Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.natasha-powell.wix.com
Beta Reader

Availability: Had to change this to works under 10,000 words. Life kind of caught up

Preference: Anything Sci/fi, Horror, Manga, Anime, Comics, Script/Screenplay, Fantasy, YA Sci/Fi or YA Adventure, Lit, Fiction, Historical Fiction, Non Fiction (Historical Biography, Business Non Fiction, How to's, Technical Books e.g. HTML, C++, Military History), Steam Punk, Thriller, suspense, Zombies (Brainnn!!)

If you want me to look at your masterpiece before the editing phases, that is okay. It doesn't have to be perfect. I feel the whole point of beta, is to provide feedback on the story.

It depends: Memoirs, Deep Lit with a message (my brain can only handle so much), Christian

Not Interested: Romance or erotic romance anything, LBGT, Woman's Lit

Experience: Limited as a beta, but I have posted reviews for books on my blog and on good reads

My Style: I am blunt, but not mean. Unless it needs to be pointed out, I'll only provide feedback on things you requested.

I can provide feedback in any style: Word, by email, post on Amazon (if already published).

If you want, I can run your work though Grammarly and send it back with the suggestions from that program.

I can point out the following: Plot and structure errors; pacing; character development; basic grammar errors; dialogue issues; noticeable flaws in the overall story itself.

Contact: Private Message me a log line about the book, genre, word-count, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Swap: You don't have to, but if you want to swap works, that is fine as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.