• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Willing Beta Readers Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandino

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandibjones.blogspot.com
Critique buddy or beta needed for YA historical romance

Availabilty: available!

Preferences: YA historical, fantasy, gothic, paranormal, and romance--darker the better!

Dislikes: contemporary, dystopian, sci-fi, humor, MG

Experience: I'm looking for an experienced critique buddy. I'm published in small press adult romance, looking for an agent for my YA work. I'd prefer someone with current knowledge of the market.

Style: Not too brutal! And I'll offer as much as you need. Line edits or overview. I review YA for a professional magazine, so I'll give you an overview of likes/dislikes/reactions/thoughts/etc.

Manuscript type: First chapters, first drafts or polished manuscripts, finished or not.

Process: PM me with your name and story synopsis. I'll do the same. If we both like the story ideas, we can exchange chapters and see if we like each other's writing style.

lexisharp

horrorhound
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: AVAILABLE.

Preferences: All things HORROR! Lovecraftian stories, weird tales, Gothic, pulp horror, monsters.

Style: I can look at characters, voice, pacing, structure and style, or everything together.

Please PM me a synopsis and approximate word count. If I dig it, we can go from there :).

CarysDovahkiin

You go Glen Coco
Registered
Reaction score
In a lovely place, in my mind. Would you like to v
Website
charisjoy.blogspot.ca
Availability: Available

Preferences: Anything YA, especially contemporary and thrillers.

I am not nit-picky when it comes to grammatical errors and the such... see right there. Not when I could use the help myself. Generally, my focus will be on how well the plot is laid out (aka: whether or not it catches my attention within the first chapter or not.) If the characters are compelling and believable, especially the antagonist. Though I do love an exceptional, protagonist. Also I tend to take notice of word usage, and expect a good balance between long and short sentences.

I would prefer a few chapters at a time, as opposed to a whole manuscript. That way my critique can come back, in a more timely fashion.

Send me a summary of your MS, through PM, and we can see if we are a good match.

Last edited:

MaCain

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.marycaineditor.com
Beta Reader at your service

Mary Cain here. I'm a contemporary romance writer currently in limbo waiting to hear from an agent. I had a very well-balanced and successful critique partner for my first manuscript but unfortunately, she's unavailable to me as of a family emergency. Honestly, I miss the throwing around of ideas and general critiquing. I'm looking to be a beta reader, not necessarily have anyone read my work, although I'd be willing to share if you're merely curious.

I absolutely love to read as much as I do to write. Unfortunately I've spent way to money on the Nook site lately. So here I am. I'll read any fiction as long as it's not Sci-Fi or Paranormal. I love romances but I read all kinds of fictions. Some of my favorite books are Reason To Breathe by Rebecca Donovan, Dear John by Nicolas Sparks, On The Island by Tracey Garvis Graves, and The Sun Also Rises by Hemingway.

PM me if you want me as a reader. I also established a really great way to critique with my last partner, so you can also ask me about that.

KateJJ

coffee and pistols at dawn
Registered
Reaction score
Availability: Maybe

Preference: Space opera (or similar sense-of-wonder SF) or secondary-world fantasy. Fantasy preferred. I'm a voracious reader in these fields and I listen to Writing Excuses religiously so I've got a good feel for the conventions. Right now I'm interested in fairly epic fantasy. Heroic ok as well. YA acceptable if you accept that I don't understand YA conventions.

Dislike: Erotica. I'm not the right person for stories where same-sex romance features heavily. No present tense. Probably not right for YA, I've been told I don't understand the conventions there.

Experience: Been writing and critting for a dozen years. Subbing my first novel, did a workshop with a pair of pro editors earlier this year that taught me a lot about crits.

Cruelty: You tell me. If you prefer me to just say "sorry this isn't working" rather than give full details, that's fine. I try to pick out things I like as well as things I don't.

Contact: PM me with a hook and we can chat. Would prefer to receive the story in a .doc format that I can use Track Changes to mark up.

Other: Would appreciate people who are willing to return the favor in a few months when my current WIP fantasy is done, but that's not mandatory.

Last edited:

Joanna_Kaary

Registered
Reaction score

Love to read: Contemporary Adult, YA, and NA (New Adult/ Crossover) fiction. Graphic sex scenes, drug use, etc. are more than all right, as is violence as long as it's not too gory.

Aliens and vampires aren't really my thing...

Approach: I won't catch every delinquent comma but I'll do my best to spot grammar mistakes while focusing on characterization and plot structure.

Contact: If you'd like to tell me more about your story and see if we could be a good match, just send me a message :)

sttarzz99

Registered
Reaction score
Availability – Unavailable
Who I am: I’m Jenn, a newbie here at absolute write. I have beta-read a few times in the past and have found it enjoyable. I have a BA in English and a BS in Psychology.

What I will read – I prefer YA, but will consider Adult: Anything with a supernatural/fantasy/paranormal edge (even romances), dystopian, science fiction, horror.

What I won’t read: Erotica, strictly romance (like Danielle Steel), anything with religious overtones/religion based, westerns, any animal cruelty, incomplete manuscripts,really rough first drafts.

I am totally fine with: Sex scenes, gay/Lesbian relationships, foul language, dark content.

My Beta-ing Process:
- Send me a PM. Include: Genre, length (word count), short non-revealing synopsis, first 3 pages.
- If I feel your work is something I’d like to tackle, I’ll ask you to send me the first full chapter.
- I will critique it and send it back to you.
- Review my critique style and if you are satisfied with it, we will continue with the next few chapters. If my style does not suit you, let me know, and we will stop there.
- Ultimately, this gives you the upper hand in our beta-ing relationship. :)
- Also, communication is essential! (After initial PM, I prefer email). I will try to be prompt in my replies to you and hope you will show me the same courtesy.

My Critique Style:
- If you are looking for anything specific, send that information along with the initial PM. If it is something I can’t handle, it is best to get that out of the way.
- I will do line-by-line edits (sometimes I just can’t help myself), but if you prefer, I stick solely to content.
- Content – Pacing, conflict, predictability, reversals, plot inconsistencies, etc.
- Character development – static, dynamic, internal/external goals, character arc, epiphany, etc.
- Writing style – word choice, redundancy, showing vs. telling, over usage of adverbs/adjectives, etc.
- Cruelty - Expect honesty. BUT I always point out the "good" before getting to the "not so good".

Last edited:

JoBird

Banned
Reaction score
Availability: Available. I do have a life, but I can fit a beta read in for someone right now.

Preference: SF or fantasy. I tend to prefer fantasy. Even so, bear in mind, this is just a preference. I'm open to potentially beta reading other things.

Dislike: Present tense.

Experience: You can find many of my critiques here in the SYW area.

Cruelty: I'm simply honest. In my humble opinion, a writer has to be ready for honesty to let someone beta read.

Other: I prefer to beta read for folks who appreciate the effort. A thank you afterwards goes a long way.

Before I commit to beta reading your novel: I'd like to get a chance to look at some of your posts here. Also, I'd like to see the opening chapters of your novel.

Graphite

Hodor. Hodor. Hodor.
Registered
Reaction score
Availability – Available

Preference: Spec fic.

Dislikes: Romance. Chick lit. First person present.

Experience: See posts in SYW for an idea of what I catch. I'm a terrible proofreader, so keep that in mind.

Cruelty: I never intend to be cruel, but I try to be honest. I don't believe in sugar coating. It doesn't do anyone any favors.

Contact: You can PM me your first chapter or your whole short story. Or you can PM me for an e-mail address where you can send it. I'll check it out, and we can go from there.

lhussey

Registered
Reaction score
Sci-fi, Fantasy, Horror

Preference: Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Dislikes: I enjoy reading almost anything really that's fiction

Experience: High School teacher, Dramatic Arts major, Reading enthusiast

Cruelty: Honest opinion

Alexx Starnes

Registered
Reaction score
Beta Reader

I Beta read for several authors. I will beta read paranormal romance, urban fantasy, Short erotica, contemporary romance, romantic suspense. I am currently in between assignments.

Email me a m c g b b (at) gmail (dot) com

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Availability – Available

Who I am: Hello, I'm Will and I'm a recovering meth addict. I'm Will. I write Fantasy and some SF here and there. I'm currently a college student, seeking a PsyD in Clinical Psychology, and have been writing for... dunno, 8 years? All novels.

What I will read: I like Fantasy, and have a big soft spot for romances.

What I won’t read: I'm not too big into YA, for the popular writing style (shoot me a sample for testing purposes. Needs to be SFF flavored), and I don't have much experience with Erotica either.

I also don't like hardcore Epic/High Fantasy, with lengthy descriptions. LOTR, WOT. (If it's more of a modern spin, please shoot me a sample and I'll see)

Present tense -- It really has to be done well for me to read it, and most of what I've read isn't done well at all.

What I'm fine with: Everything. Sex scenes, gore, sodomy, torture, incest, politics, murdering; what have you. Nothing really sets me off.

Experience: Most of my posts are in the SYW section, where I try my best. I've got 8 years into novel writing and 2 years invested in heavy personal trial and error to make something readable.

My Beta-ing Process:
- PM here with the first page (250 words) of your WIP and exchange emails. Please state your genre and give a small blurb of the story.
- Send me your first chapter or two, whatever you feel comfortable with. (PDF please)
- I'll return my comments, from there, we continue or break off.
- If continue, you send me the full manuscript. (Mobi, Epub is appreciative, otherwise PDF or word files)

I do progress updates, ever chapter or so with my thoughts.

I do like a lot of communications, and appreciate 1-2 emails daily, if we have something to talk about.

My Critique Style:

- For beta-ing, I'll hit on: Character, scene, overall story, plot holes, motivations, goals, reasoning, interest and rationality. Mostly: What the story is about, not your writing.

- For beta-ing, I will not: Do line by lines, spelling, grammar. Mostly: I will not hit on your writing and style because I expect it to be up to publishable (whatever that is nowadays).

Cruelty: I am very, very honest, but try to act like a gentleman at all times. I will tell you something does not work and offer a alternative. I will not use excessive pleasantries, but I will apologize if I state something badly in my personal opinion. I will state everything as blunt and as clear as possible.

Personal philosophy with betaing: To me, I am only searching for faults in your writing, to help strengthen it. When I bring the fault back, it is not my problem, but your mistake that I've found. The writer, you, can choose if this is a fault or not and make changes accordingly.

Your requirement:

- At least 50 posts in the forums.
- I would appreciate if you had work posted in the SYW sections beforehand.

Last edited:

power31312

Believe in the impossible
Registered
Reaction score
Throwing my name out here again... I've beta-ed on and off since joining the site and it seems that I have lots of free time at the moment so I'm ready to start doing it again.

What I'll read: YA, romance, gay/lesbian, mystery, suspense, thriller

Not into a lot of fantasy, I find most of them too wordy for my tastes.

I'm willing to beta any way that you need me too. I'm willing to do line by lines or whatever you would like.

BarkingPup

Cannibalistic Necrophiliac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shelfari.com
Available: After NanWriMo (December 01 2012)

About Me: Currently clawing my way back into writing and reading after years of chronic depression. Full of useless facts and random knowledge.

Preferences: I mostly read Sci-Fi and Fantasy but dabble in other genres when I feel like it. If I think it's good, I'll read it so don't hesitate to send me something out of the ballpark.

Won't Read: Not much throws me off. Incest, paedophilia, murder, gore, cannibalism, torture, rape, romance etc. etc. The only thing I usually avoid is books that are heavily political. Nothing against them, I just don't understand it very well.

I also won't read something that has not been heavily edited. Don't send me an non-spell-checked first draft. I need to be immersed in your story, not jarred every few sentences.

Love to Read: If your book "breaks the mold", features psychological themes, has evil or grey-area characters as MC's then I will dive head first.

Caution: The books I read the least are erotica/romance. If you hand me one and I take it on be prepared for a lot of editing. Phrases that make me laugh uncontrollably will be pointed out. If you want your book to be appealing to people who don't read that genre than I'm your Beta.

Experience: My posts here on Absolute Write. Years of writing clubs, classes at the local College, and writing for fun. Currently writing a novel and have several on the back burner plus some creative ideas I need to get going on.

Critique: I can be blunt. I won't be able to tell if I'm being cruel.

A lot of my edits will be questions about characters, setting, plot, etc. I'll do sentence-by-sentence if I catch it but no guarantees. I offer a lot of suggestions on wording and descriptions (not as evident on the board) but will not expect these to be taken by heart.

Format:

-Send me a PM with the first 1-2,000 words (or less, not picky).

-If I'm interested I'll PM you back

-I prefer hard copy editing so if you are willing to send me a copy via snail mail I would be appreciative

-If you want to send me an E-mail with a copy be prepared for the Crit to take longer. My laptop is old, I don't always have time to wait for it to boot, and putting comments all over the document takes time.

-I go to college, I have a job, I have animals and a house. Because of these things, the crit could take at least a few weeks to a month.

-During said crit I may or may not E-mail/PM you. Don't hold your breath.

-Once the crit is done and it's been sent back I will be open for discussion. I tend to knock off one E-mail/PM a day minimum. I'm up for chat as long as you, the writer, want me to be.

Hiroko

Which of them was the machine?
Registered
Reaction score
Me: Hi, everyone. I'm open for manuscript beta-ing. Have been trying to move along with getting an actual second draft of my novel, but haven't had much luck with getting critiques this time around. I write novels.

Availability: Nope - Currently going over three books.

What I Will Read: Sci-Fi is mostly definite. Chances are I'll read fantasy, too, but it may depend on what your work entails. Most everything else depends on the work itself, so you'll have to give me a good picture.

What I Will Not Read: Erotica, Chick Lit. Not likely to read non-fiction.

As far as YA goes, it depends on the work itself. Different tenses don't bother me. I ask that the content isn't too explicit, though it probably doesn't matter much.

Experience: I've critiqued at least two novels, have partially critiqued others, and have critiqued short stories in the past. If you think this counts, I have written three novels myself.

Cruelty: I'll be honest. I can't argue that I'm mean, but I have no problem pointing out what I dislike. Nicely.

Critique: I've been told I have an eye for grammar, but I also check for consistency (plot holes included), makeup (characters, settings, themes, plot), and whether the story works or not.

My Beta Process:

• Send me a PM or e-mail - whichever - with a short description of your work.
  • If yay, send over the first chapter.
  • If yay again, I'll take it up and you can send chapter-by-chapter.
  • NOTE: I use Microsoft Word 2007/2010.
  • Usually I finish going through a chapter within a few days, but it's possible for me to go faster.

Last edited:

CJ.Wolfe

Close your eyes and jump
Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,

Instead of beta-ing (seeing as it turns out I don't have the time), if you just need someone to bounce ideas off or to see if a rough plot sounds plausable or just to get a second opinion on something small please feel free to add me on facebook.

I'm CJ Wolfe on facebook. I have google (I think), but I've no idea how to use it.
If you prefer email as a form of contact, and again, are just interested in bouncing around ideas or having someone give a quick once over of something small - feel free to pm me and I'll give you my email.

I'd love to beta, but seeing as life gets in the way, I figured I'd try and help out somehow and this is as good as I can give.

I like YA, Paranormal, sci-fi/fantasy, children's. Again I'd like to stress that this is just to bounce ideas around with. I don't have time to edit, unless it's something small.

BitterLittleTailor

Registered
Reaction score
I will read your work

I am a teacher. My undergraduate degree (back in the day) was in Eng Lit. I write short stories, poetry and articles and have been published, although I don't submit often. I have studied writing formally and informally for many years and taught creative writing at a high school level.

All I ask is that you be prepared to seriously consider respectful, clear feedback. It is only feedback from one person, but it will be carefully thought out and expressed. Don't ask me for it if you don't want it.

I work full time so it may sometimes take me a little while to get to your work. When I do you can count on me to take it - and you - seriously.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
Availability:
In general, anytime. Except for holidays and other personal events.
2 max.
Note: Currently at 2 out of 2. Sorry, I'll update when I get a free space.

Preferred Genre:
Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, Fairytale Retellings, paranormal/supernatural

Not Really Into:
Historical fiction, romance, general fiction, women's fiction.

Kind of blah about:
Western, humor, literary. (Doesn't mean I won't give these genres a good read through.)

Favorite Authors:
Stephen King, Anne Rice, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jonathan Maberry, Michael Crichton, J.L. Bourne

Critique Style:
Big picture critique. I will comment on over all tone, plot holes, and anything that can help improve the piece. I will also do very light line edits, but only if you tell me to.
If we proceed past the initial chapter, I will help you through the long haul. Query help, overall confidence boost, anything you need I will help with until you get published. I give my promise.

PM me with a synopsis and word count.
I may ask for the first 1000 words, so be ready to send it over.
Note: I don't like having to click around to your work. Unless you are sending me requested chapters, put it in the body.
Note 2: Everything I write to you is personalized, If I ask a question and get a blanket answer I am less likely to take you or your story on.

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Last edited:

Hydrogen

Banned
Reaction score

Preference: literary fiction; comedy; light sci fi; I'm not interested in fantasy, romance, erotica

Who I am: I worked as a journalist for awhile. I've had my stories published in various places. I've contributed to textbooks, including one about reading/writing. I also publish in scientific journals (Psychiatry). I promise not to get into your head though!

My Editing Process: I thought I would include this because I'm a tough editor. I'm not mean or anything, but I don't sugar coat anything and I can come off a bit rough. I do this because I feel it makes people a better writer. I can't hold back my editing because I feel like I'd be cheating both of us. Journalism gives you chops when it comes to editing.

My Beta Process:

- PM a synopsis and first page/500 words.
- If it looks like it'll work then send me the first chapter, and if we're both happy with how the process is working then we can go from there either chapter by chapter or the work as a whole.

Hope to be of help!

K. Trian

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tktrian.wordpress.com
Currently unavailable! (unless willing to swap)

About Me: I've got a BA in English (doing my MA now) and I've minored in pedagogy and European cultural and regional studies. Other than that I'm an equestrian nut and into combat sports/RBSD. I write together with T. Trian (here in AW too), and we've done it for some 5-6 years now. I've done plenty of gender studies too and due to my hobbies am pretty sensitive about women in battle, so a word of warning: I might upset you with a reality info-dump if you have a lot of "kick-ass" leading ladies. I've done it before.

Preferences: sci-fi, fantasy/urban fantasy, historical, war and military stuff as long as it's fictional. Send me your, say, tenth edition. A polished, almost-ready-to-be-submitted manuscript. I like stuff that's realistic even if it's fantasy. I might get annoying if it's too wuxia-like. Women's fiction is ok if it's serious, not fluffy stuff. I'm not quesy. In fact, I might come up with ideas for your story that freak you out first.

Won't Read: chic-lit, YA, children's lit, preferably no paranormal romance or hot vampires or were-bears.

Critique: I'm usually very nice, even with bad news. I don't wish to crush your spirit, but even if I'm nice, it doesn't mean you shouldn't mull over the feedback because I'm also honest.

I can do line-by-line to a degree, but note that I'm an EFL speaker. I'd rather comment on the characters, the world, credibility, pace, plot, etc. than syntax or grammar in general.

Format:

-Send me a PM with a summary/synopsis/something that gives me an idea what your story is about
-if I find that I could help you with your work, you can send me a doc/docx or pdf file via e-mail. Preferably in small bits, chapter by chapter or part by part, than a huge freaking 400-page file, but if it gets complicated, no worries, give me the whole package then :p
-I can crit bits and pieces too, but then, of course, I'll comment less on cohesion and continuity.
-I've critted some in the SYW section, but as I'm new here, I haven't gotten too much done yet, but you can get some idea about my suitability for you if you check my crits out there.

Last edited:

T. Trian

Banned
Reaction score
Since we're a joint writing outfit and do some of this stuff together anyway, I'll just copy some things K. Trian wrote in the message above mine and just edit the bits where we differ.

Available:
anytime. I'm currently on extended sickleave (fourth year running) so I have a lot of time on my hands but I do have quite a few hobbies so expect feedback once a day max, a few times a week min. I would appreciate it if we could exchange beta services: I beta yours, you beta mine.

About Me: I'm about 1-2 years from getting my MA in English philology and while I've focused my studies around English-Finnish-English translations, I've studied a lot of literature as well (minored in European cultural and regional studies). I've played classical guitar for 24 years, drums for 19 years, and electric guitar for about 13 years and I gig about once a month either with a classical guitar trio or a rock/funk/metal band (where I'm the song writer). I'm heavily into combat sports/RBSD (boxing, muay thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, krav maga, and senshido), swimming, and IPSC shooting (currently competing only in production/minor). I write together with K. Trian (here in AW too), and we've done it for some 5-6 years now. I've done some gender studies too, I know way too much about some drugs (all legal btw but I've been prescribed so many kinds of painkillers that twice I've ended up in a situation where I've known more about a drug than the doctor about to prescribe it to me), I have a fair grasp on what to expect from various kinds of injuries (since I'm quite accident-prone except when it comes to handling firearms) and due to my hobbies, I have a low tolerance for unrealistic combat scenes (be they H2H, melee, or gun fights) but I will always give you the reasons why I think a fight scene doesn't work and try to offer a way to fix it. Oh, and I believe I should mention that I'm a philogynist but that I have done free sparring in muay thai, BJJ, krav maga, and senshido with enough girls/women that I have a pretty good idea what females of various shapes/sizes/skill levels can do against guys of my shape/size/skill level in a hand-to-hand FUT. Just so you don't confuse up-front honesty in this subject with misogyny as some idiots have in the past (though never here on Absolute Write, thank heavens).

Preferences: sci-fi, fantasy/urban fantasy, historical, war and military stuff as long as it's fictional. Send me your, say, tenth edition. A polished, almost-ready-to-be-submitted manuscript. I like stuff that's realistic even if it's fantasy. I don't think there's anything out there (in the world of fiction, that is) that would disturb me to the degree that I'd put the book down. Perhaps the only no-no with me is a Hollywoodian portrayal of violence (you know the type where violence is shown to be something cool and fun instead of gruesome, brutal, and ugly).

Won't Read: YA, children's lit, paranormal romance, and I've grown allergic to vampires for some reason unless they're executed in a truly original way.

Critique: usually I'm very polite even when offering constructive criticism but don't ask me questions you don't want answers to because I have no reason to lie.

Since I'm an EFL speaker, I prefer to comment on the characters, the world, credibility, pace, plot, etc. rather than syntax or grammar in general.

Format:
-Send me a PM with a synopsis
-if I find that I could help you with your work, you can send me a doc/docx or pdf file via e-mail. Preferably in small bits, chapter by chapter or part by part

Last edited:

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Availability: No longer available. I'll be reading it about two-three times before getting back to you. I'll send you my initial thoughts notes that I write on the first reading and more detailed notes (which may include bits where I spot passive writing) but I won't be editing anything unless asked to do so. If asked, I don't mind as it's practice. I will not do any fact-checking. That's your job.

Preference: I read almost all genres but have a preference for fantasy, anything YA and Paranormal.

Dislike: Horror. Even brilliant horror. Sorry. I scare way too easily and the side-effects (like being unable to sleep) last for way too long. Mushy stuff. I like romance but only to a degree. Too much corniness or graphic sex will turn me off.

Experience: Copy and line edited for a financial magazine, wrote news articles for papers and the web, wrote press copies and have a BA in journalism. Been writing since I was five. Also, not to brag, but I saw the back of Bill Clinton's head from across the room.
( Although I don't I was the only intern who could claim to have seen his head. )

Cruelty: I'll try to be honest without being cruel or blunt.

Other: Can be bribed with pictures of cute animals and baby shoes.

Last edited:

DavidH

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Availabilty: available, but I do have a full time job

Preferences: historical and political thrillers/suspense

Dislikes: erotica and YA

Experience: Have had articles published online, and have participated in writers workshops for years. I'm looking for an experienced critique partner, with similar interests in fiction and who has high standards.

Style: Honest but constructive. I try to point out exactly what's wrong, not 'all it needs is some tweaking', and offer solutions.

Manuscript type: Somewhat polished.

Process: PM me with your name and synopsis and I'll let you know if I'm interested. From there we can move on to exchanging chapters, etc.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I created an individual thread for this announcement, but I'll repeat it here.

Availability: Unavailable.

Preferences: I'll basically read any given genre inside YA. My specialty is is fantasy, but I also read contemporary on occasion, as well as paranormal and dystopian. If you write historical or sci-fi, I'm probably not your best bet, but I'm still willing to give it a shot.

I would prefer to not read first drafts. I would also prefer to not read for people who don't have very many posts--sorry! I just feel more comfortable reading for people that I know are here to really join the community, so I'd prefer if you have at least 50 posts, much like the policy for starting threads in SWY.

Dislikes: Basically what I said above. I can definitely tell you I'm not the person to come to for anything not YA or MG, since I just don't read in those areas except for a few specific authors.

Experience: Working on my BA in English, focus in creative writing. I'll be going for an MFA and a PhD after this.

Style: I'm honest, but I won't be cruel to you. I can do line-by-lines, big picture, character, whatever--basically if there's something specific you want me to be on the lookout for, let me know.

PM me if interested :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.