• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Anyone up for 65,000 sf novel about an armed librarian with mother issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah W

Bibilophibian At Large
Registered
Reaction score
One marvelous person (Hi, Halcyon!:hi:) has already offered to go through my 65,000 science fiction novel(la), but I’m hoping that one or two other readers might also be willing to take it for a spin, if that's not being greedy?

It’s set in a skewed future where librarians are paid only slightly less than junior high school teachers, but have better weaponry, the Press Corps is wired for far more than sound, and laser-equipped Security Doors provide the illusion of safety. I posted my first chapter in Share Your Work (under "The First Chapter of my $#%$ Fourth Draft") if you’d like to take a look first (please note that I've since edited my MS to incorporate some of the suggestions I received on it, but this version should give you a general gist ).

Basically, I need to know if the plot holds together and what makes sense, considering the premise and the settings, and what . . . doesn’t. And also if there are any major goofs\glaring errors or plot holes or missing pieces, or just places where you’re wondering what prescription meds I might have been taking at the time (and whether you'd suggest refills or rehab).

Constructive criticism about my work doesn’t bother me as long as I understand the reasons behind it--I’m here to learn, not to feed the ego :)ROFL:). But if the final verdict is that it stinks on ice, I’d really appreciate gentler wording.

I will be glad to reciprocate in any genre.

Last edited:

Sarah W

Bibilophibian At Large
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who sent me PMs about critiquing my MS and\or trading works!

I wasn't sure about the eitquette of deleting this thread (if I even have the power to do that), so I'm opting for leaving this note that I've found my Betas and I really appreciate everyone's time and consideration.

If there's something else I should do, please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.