• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Potomac Books, Inc. (formerly Brassey's, Inc.)

cx7c

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all,
I didn't see a thread on Potomac so I thought I would start one. I found them on agentquery's list of small presses and their web site looks good. Anyone have any experience with them? Looks like they focus a lot of military history, but are branching out to sports, memoir.

Thanks.

rejectME

Registered
Reaction score
Presumably you mean Potomac Books. Seem to work with nonfiction only. Publish both hardcover and trade paperback. I wasn't able to find any store presence for the couple of titles I looked at. Nonetheless, I didn't see any red flags. Looks to be a legit small press.

cx7c

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, that would be them. Thx for the info. Anyone here have any personal experience with them?

JournoWriter

Just the facts, please
Registered
Reaction score
I was told they're not accepting anything until after April 1, at which point authors should check the website and resubmit.

Arislan

Registered
Reaction score
I was told they're not accepting anything until after April 1, at which point authors should check the website and resubmit.

I wonder if we're going to browse there on the first of April only to see a smiley face with its tongue out saying "April Fools! We're not really accepting anyone. In fact we're not publishers, we sell sauerkraut from a stand in Dupont Circle!

Good night...my sleep meds are hitting. ;-)