The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Potomac Books, Inc. (formerly Brassey's, Inc.)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Potomac Books, Inc. (formerly Brassey's, Inc.)

Hey all,
    I didn't see a thread on Potomac so I thought I would start one. I found them on agentquery's list of small presses and their web site looks good. Anyone have any experience with them? Looks like they focus a lot of military history, but are branching out to sports, memoir.

Thanks.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    URL?

practical experience, FTW rejectME's Avatar
    Presumably you mean Potomac Books. Seem to work with nonfiction only. Publish both hardcover and trade paperback. I wasn't able to find any store presence for the couple of titles I looked at. Nonetheless, I didn't see any red flags. Looks to be a legit small press.
    Please check out and "Like" my Facebook author page for info on current publications, WIP, and non-fiction work. If you have a page, I'd be happy to return the favor!

"In the end, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it." ~Norman McLain

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Yes, that would be them. Thx for the info. Anyone here have any personal experience with them?

Just the facts, please
    I was told they're not accepting anything until after April 1, at which point authors should check the website and resubmit.

Quote Originally Posted by JournoWriter View Post
    I was told they're not accepting anything until after April 1, at which point authors should check the website and resubmit.
    I wonder if we're going to browse there on the first of April only to see a smiley face with its tongue out saying "April Fools! We're not really accepting anyone. In fact we're not publishers, we sell sauerkraut from a stand in Dupont Circle!

Good night...my sleep meds are hitting. ;-)
    My current WIP on SYW: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264222

"Hunchback publishing is when your name is Victor Hugo. Humpback publishing is when you tattoo your novel on the back of a whale." Kitty E. Leyson

Just the facts, please
    Now part of the University of Nebraska Press.

Just the facts, please

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: