Ray's House of Love (Volume II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ Mars

Interesting little planet you've got here.
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, I've heard the talk. I've been a very, very bad towel boy. I should be spanked. :e2moon:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed. Ladies, the line forms to the left.

One of our little rituals as a couple has long been to pretend we were house hunting and to share the best of the real estate section of the newspaper, which appears on Saturday, over lunch. Today had one I'd actually consider if they'd drop the price another 50K. It says something about desperate sellers, but are they desperate enough? I mean, I could totally go for five bedrooms, lakefront, with a separate two-bedroom carriage house. And a four-car garage for our two cars and a whole lot of our junk.

Maryn, dreaming big

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Use the house in a story, M.
One of my favorite scenes in The Great Gatsby is where Gatsby tries to bribe his neighbors to put thatched roofs on their smaller houses, to make them resemble the peasants' cottages clustering around the duke's castle.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd completely forgotten that detail until you reminded me, Trevor. Which is not surprising considering how long ago high school was.

Maryn, who always did her required reading

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
I had a terrible weekend! I was shot (at) by a cuckolded husband!!!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No kidding? My own in-the-dumps-for-no-reason weekend suddenly seems spiffy.

Do tell us more. Including whether you were guilty!

Maryn, most nosy

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. Snow since I got up at 6:30. It's not accumulating much, since it's over 32 degrees, but enough, already, it's freaking late April!

Lots of trees have lost limbs, and blooming flowers and plants are damaged. I presume this is terrible for farmers, but I don't really know.

Maryn, suburban girl

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Checking back every couple of hours to see if Peydob has provided any details is keeping me from writing. Shot at...?
M, the rain that mercifully fell on Fenway Park yesterday, keeping the Evil Empire from sweeping the Sox, must have hit a cold front.

Trevor, easily bumped off-task

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a kid in Boston, but he might as well be on the moon, as often as he stays in touch about things. Although Mr. Maryn was happy at the game deferred. You know who I especially detest? Nick Swisher. That smug, in-your-face attitude makes me want to smack him, and not in the ooooh! way.

Our snow is now once again rain, and it's a balmy 36. I needn't have shoveled, since the rain is melting the snow on dark surfaces like driveways, but hey, exercise is good, right? I'm glad I don't have to go out again today. I even brought in firewood already.

Maryn, with a me-me-me post (as usual)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And a bit more snow overnight, although now it's sleet. I hear the wineries are worried about what this will do to their vines, which were in bud. Apparently apple growers may be affected as well, although not as severely.

Lots on the local news about big trees down, crushing garages, parked cars, or bringing down power lines. Luckily, no one was injured. But the film they showed was of downed trees with interior wood rotting. Those trees should have been taken down rather than letting nature take its course. A rotting or dead tree is dangerous.

Lesser damage was mostly limbs (we lost a few small limbs on our birches) and branches of blooming lilacs and redbuds, which is a shame. The plants will survive, but no amount of trimming is likely to restore symmetry.

That Mother Nature, what a grouch!

Maryn, whose sump pump got quite the workout

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
howdy. nothing to report weather wise, just cool and clear. but we are nearing the anniversary of the super bad tornadoes last year.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
(we lost a few small limbs on our birches)
"When I see birches bend to left or right..."
BAD HABIT~being reminded of something literary by what people say here!
Peydob must still be in hiding....
Trevor, resolved to not read anything today where a leading family's motto is "Winter Is Coming"

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm rereading the series, Trevor. For years after our kids nagged me into trying it (and even though I'm not a fantasy fan, I like it a lot), we spent lots of time and emails casting the ideal actor in each role. Of course, no production company could have afforded that cast, and for some of them, time would have to be reversed. Still, it was fun.

Now I have to re-envision it all with the actors from the HBO series. My brain doesn't like shifting gears this much, but if I don't, when I see the second season, I'll be confused who's who.

Maryn, who wanted the young Edward Norton for Theon Greyjoy

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning house.

anyone want an apple ugly? It's this fried dough thing that tastes reallly yummy but is ugly. I'm going to go get one - like I need it.

Sassy- remembering the old days when I hung out in the kitchen.

pandora1983

Jill of all trades,well,some trades
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thetravelpaige.blogspot.com
Really? Ed Norton for a Greyjoy? I don't see it. Maybe...

I'm rewatching The Walking Dead while I wait for new episodes of all my shows. Unfortunately, there is no more Californication until next season, which is a bummer.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
my husband read a lot of the walking dead comic books and gave up on the show. it caught my attention if I was with him but I wouldn't have watched on my own.

peydob

Banned
Reaction score
Hello everybody,
How's it goin? I'm alive and kicking and scared shitless. Sorry to keep you from doing your work Trevor.

I seem to always learn things hard way and can't help but being fond of a beautiful ladies announcing their availability and willing to share an odd emotional experience.

The word has it that hubbies usually come back home at unusual time when least expected.
If you're lucky you might find a rocksalt shotgun discharge quite painful up on your back side and your bandy speedy legs quite useful.

I am of the opinion that a mother of four and an energetic hot wife shouldn't go through such an ordeal. What a yokel of a husband!

…and from somewhere can be heard a voice saying I'm guilty of love it's a crime of passion. Must be in my head.

p.s
sng (sassandgroove) :
Groove me baby
All night long
Groove me baby
The groove is so strong
Groove me baby
We`re doin` no wrong
Tell me can`t you see all that we could be
Oh hey

Last edited:

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I keep hearing The Walking Dead is a good series. Haven't checked it out yet.

There's also some new series getting good reviews with aliens? I think they're in human form? I can't remember the name of the show. (Not the new version of "V" which was not that good, but another show)

I just watched the complete first season of a show called The Killing (murder mystery, female detective). Excellent show.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I now have sparkly purple fingernails. I'm sure once my reality show on E! takes off, it'll be all the rage.

Maryn, trendsetter

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm in a bad mood for no particular reason.
We saw Mission Impossible Ghost Protocal last night. It was enjoyable. I'm not much of a Tom Cruise fan and even he was alright.

Speaking of Zombies, Mr. Groove and I are listening to World War Z on audio book in the car. It's interesting. Not cheeful, but interesting.

Trevor Bruhn

Registered
Reaction score
Once the reality show on E! takes off, pls., M., keep us posted here. When the ComCast bill for the bundle hit $170 baseline (no on-demand movies or etc.) I told em to take their modem and shove it, hooked up something called a Roku box to go with the competition's internet and phone package. Added mlb.com for baseball games to the series reruns available on netflix and I have everything I was using the cable package for. Cuz I wasn't watching E!

Trevor, tuning the bagpipes for some Scottish thrift

Status
Not open for further replies.