Return of a Man Named PAMB and its Quotes

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
The royalty woes continue:

Yeah...... I got a break down of what I sold and it must not have counted the amazon or barnes and noble ones beause I know alot of people that have bought my book through those companies (they have showed me their copy). The breakdown only showed the ones that were purchased through PA, at least that is what I am assuming.... I have been keeping trackof the books I have bought and when people I know have bought directly from here. I am gonna be really upset if I don't get a check next time, because that means I put my heart and work out there for nothing!!!! I didn't even get a check this time because they said I didn't even reach the min amount it takes to recieve a check...... They say you have to earn so much before they will cut one. I do remember that it was in the contract, but I really thought that I would get a check because I know I have sold more than enough, I didn't expect to get rich, but I wanted something to show for it..... I guess I'm just a little disapointed... I guess I will see what happends in August

*sigh*

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
And more royalty woes...

We are all disappointed.

I have been with PA for years, knew what I was doing when I got in and sorry my book has not sold more copies. The most I ever made in a royalty period was 20.00. I was here when PA and Amazon had a tiff, which somehow got straightened out because when they started selling my book again, it said Amazon was printing it, or so I thought.

I also thought PA had their own printers and was surprised when Info center said B&N stopped selling our books because they were changing printers. I'm old, I get confused easily.

Bottom line for me is... I have an Amazon ad on every one of the over 260 pages on my website for my book that no one can buy from Amazon as we speak.

I need to know if I must take the ads down or wait this out?

This is getting sad even by PAMB standards. :(

kullervo

minion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.loreleiarmstrong.com
PublishAmerica Royalty Re-frame:

1. Made $0.00? — "I earned only one dollar less than my original advance!"
2. Made $0.72? — "I earned nearly my original advance all over again!"
3. Made $8.00? — "I earned several times my original advance!"

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
There's one check with double digits:

Received a check from PA today in the amount of $67.81. Not a lot of money, but our book wasn't released 'til late November, so we had about 9 weeks when we were officially in the market.

"Not a lot of money"? It's probably the highest royalty check this author will ever receive from PA.

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
"Per your contract, no payment is due to you until you have accumulated $49.00 in royalties."

Now I'm a little confused. I grabbed my contract and read through it three times. I can't find that clause in there any where.

Dear Author

Nonsense. Your pathetic lies about being able to read are so easily refuted that we're not even going to bother.

We will expect an immediate apology for this mean spirited attempt to hold us to the contract we signed.

Now bend over.

PA.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Infomonster's reply to the author Cyia quoted:

You're not confused at all, but our issue is with our previous primary wholesaler. It has nothing to do with Amazon and other bookstores.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
The Kool Aid soured quickly for this author, and he's not happy about it:

http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=31952

My book ***redacted*** was released in September, my question is when does the royalties begin? Do you get a report of how many books were purchased? It seems to me all PA has done was taken my manuscript and printed it on cheap paper with a cheaper cover and left me in the dark! They expect me to buy a book for every hair brained idea they get, they even offered me a deal last week that would send a few copies over to random house (which they claim to be better them themselves). So what did we get involved with a printing company that wants money for each book sold but does zero except the printing? I see the same stories about authors on the website, movie deals, awards, television stories but it never changes. I had at least twenty friends and family say it took better then three months and several phone calls to PA about orders placed. I even made an order for one book then turned around and ordered ten more. I received the ten and never and to this day haven't seen the single order. It's been four months since that order and still no word. So are our customers getting the same results? I was really excited when my book was published, it was fiction based on a tragic real life experience and was really my story. Well the honeymoon is over and reality has set in we need not only to write a book but market and sell it as well. I am a telecommunications engineer by trade and have no interest in begging at local book stores for signings and store space, I have tried that and keep getting the same thing, we do not know PA or they are a POD and we don't do business with a printing press!
I guess I should have done a little research on PA before getting involved with them and that's my fault, are any others feeling the same way or is it just me getting all of the emails and never getting a phone call answered. Sorry for the complaints in advance, I just needed to vent. I would have thought a company of the claimed size they are would at least have a receptionist, a voice mail system that would at least give options for departments and even better a back door number for their authors. Let me do this PA if you are in need of a telephone upgrade, a better website, a real IVR with choices then give us a call, use the "PBX-IQ" 40 percent discount coupon, offer expires this weekend. This is sarcastic but very real for PA please moderator if your in the forum please forward this to the powers to be www.pbxiq.com and have them give us a call.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
The only way I think they could do that would be to require every post to be approved before posting. And they're simply too cheap to hire the manpower for that. I'm surprised they haven't just given up on the messageboard...

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
More on Book signings:

I have had the same problem I have sent numerous amounts of leads and have time and time again asked for assistance and nothing...I dont know what to do and when you find out please let me know.

Barnes and Nobles in the Tyler Mall were all but excited about my book or me wishing to have a book signing. They told me that since I was a new author i wouldnt have enough drawing power.That was very sad so now I am trying to promote myself through radio and newspapers and book clubs.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I would have thought a company of the claimed size they are would at least have a receptionist, a voice mail system that would at least give options for departments and even better a back door number for their authors. Let me do this PA if you are in need of a telephone upgrade, a better website, a real IVR with choices then give us a call, use the "PBX-IQ" 40 percent discount coupon, offer expires this weekend. This is sarcastic but very real for PA please moderator if your in the forum please forward this to the powers to be www.pbxiq.com and have them give us a call.
Great idea, great offer, but unfortunately it presupposes that PA actually *wants* to answer the phone.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Why, indeed.

Today I received an e-mail from PA offering to send five copies of my book to the New York Times for their book review consideration. However to do this I have to purchase 12 copies of my book. I just bought copies of my book so I don't really need any more.
My question: Why can't I, the author, send one or more copies of my book myself to the New York Times Book Reviewers?

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Today I received an e-mail from PA offering to send five copies of my book to the New York Times for their book review consideration. However to do this I have to purchase 12 copies of my book. I just bought copies of my book so I don't really need any more.
My question: Why can't I, the author, send one or more copies of my book myself to the New York Times Book Reviewers?

You mean aside from the fact that newspapers and most other legit reviewers want advance reader copies months before the book is actually published?