Return of a Man Named PAMB and its Quotes

kullervo

minion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.loreleiarmstrong.com
Yes, since PublishAmerica just admitted that they print everything they receive and that good or bad is in the eye of the beholder, the last thing they want is a bunch of beholders.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
They certainly said no to my request to have the Look Inside feature for my book on Amazon. I think it had more to do with the fact that I have been very vocal about my displeasure with the way they conduct their business than anything else as I know several PA authors who have the Look Inside feature available for their books.

tlblack

nothing simple here
Registered
Reaction score
I would think that those authors have the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon because they just did it, not because they asked PA if they could. What's PA going to do anyway? Sue them? PA could spend years tied up in court if they sued everyone they threatened with lawsuits. Scare tactics only work if people let them. The author would have a lot more evidence of breach of contract against PA than them suing the author because someone used the "Look Inside" feature on Amazon. JMO

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
So are PA authors still not receiving their books? Seems like a disturbing trend to me, not that this whole mess isn't disturbing to begin with.

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
I noticed on Facebook for PA that one comment was from a customer who ordered someone else's book and hadn't received it.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
I noticed on Facebook for PA that one comment was from a customer who ordered someone else's book and hadn't received it.
A couple of years ago I knew of folks in this area who had sent checks for PA books by their writer friends and did not receive the books. I never learned whether the checks were cashed.

--Ken

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
On the PAMB, a new author asked how to get reviews. Two loyalists suggested a webzine called Poetic Monthly.

So I checked out their staff page, and found that two of the people running the show are Cheryl Pillsbury and Lanaia Lee.

Plus, this magazine seems to be associated with AG Press, a vanity outfit which charges editing fees of $5/page .

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=31564

Here's another one who had no idea what they were getting into when they signed with PA. Look at his questions - he's expecting his books to be in stores. :(

Hi all,
happy new year to you all. I wanted to know from anyone how long it took for publish america to put your book in the bookstores and what stores were your books sold at. Also, how do one go about verifying the amount of books being sold. All seems ambiguous at the moment and no body from publish america writes me anymore. I was not even told about my book release. I learned this from a friend. all confusing. absolutely not what I expected when I signed my contract.
tHANKS

Ambiguity is the name of the game, sad to say.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
If he thinks it's confusing now, wait until Anti-Bookstore Guy weighs in with why he shouldn't want his book in bookstores anyway... :(

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=31566

(bolding mine)

I am thrilled and excited about the many new offers PA has for our books. I do not take advantage of all the offers as I would like to nor can I as some offers are for US writers only. PublishAmerica will submit your book to Hollywood dated Monday, November 30, 2009 - bought the required number of copies, but am still waiting for "Media Yes" If PA doesn't have the name and address of my local newspaper, radio, or TV, how are they going to know where to send copies? Have had a busy holiday season, but am still waiting for the PR department to contact me. Also would like some confirmation that 5 copies have been donated to DreamWorks Studio in Univeral Studio California. I have kept scrapbooks and binders filled with info since I was first published with PA titled: "My PublishAmerica Journey. Could someone shed some light on this matter. Would be nice to hear from someone at PA!

Requests for accountability... uh-oh.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=31567

Just :(

My question is if your book is on the Barnes Noble web site is it a given that it will also be in the store, if not what do you have to do to get it in the Barnes Noble store? Thank you for your help.

And this poor guy's still begging for a new cover - and still getting nowhere. This has to be the 4th or 5th post he's put on the message board about this, and he's never gotten an answer from PA.

http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?p=322415&sid=d815fc4da21aec7e16d24174bb51d20d#322415
What can you do when the cover art department gives you a cover than has nothing to do with your book, nor even the the parent novel as it is a sequel?
I'm so disappointed that I don't even want my name on this one.

pink lily

I regret everything
Registered
Reaction score
http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?t=31567

Just :(

And this poor guy's still begging for a new cover - and still getting nowhere. This has to be the 4th or 5th post he's put on the message board about this, and he's never gotten an answer from PA.

http://bb.publishamerica.com/viewtopic.php?p=322415&sid=d815fc4da21aec7e16d24174bb51d20d#322415

And... he's been deleted AGAIN. Still no answers for him.
That's so sad, I hope the PA victim googles for answers.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
From my experiance the books are online and ordered as such. If you go into a store chances are they'll say they don't have it available right now, but, you can order some and when the books come in they'll contact you. This, I think, has to do with the fact that for the most part we here at PA are new authors and, I'm afraid, book stores aren't going to invest in ordering these books, solely as a business choice. Of course, if they see that a certain book is selling, they might order a few. That's where promotion, promotion promotion on our part is important.

:Headbang::Hammer::Headbang:

Sorry author. It has nothing to do with you being new and everything to do with your "publisher".