Return of a Man Named PAMB and its Quotes

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
Do not address us in such a tone. No, you are not “disappointed”. You could not possibly be, because you have not found us doing anything wrong.

Wait, is this an actual letter that they sent, or did someone make it up? Did their desperate sadism really extend to actually finding pleasure in claiming to have the power to deny someone their feelings, in spite of how schoolyard-ishly idiotic it makes them look?

ETA: No, it's a real letter. Wow. What I wouldn't give for 3 hours in that office with a suitcase of personality tests and some truth serum...

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Srsly. The stooges regularly send out those "tone" letters to anybody who questions the party line to beat them back into submission.

Terie

Writer is as Writer does
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teriegarrison.com
Last edited:

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least you can pick whether you want to pay $99, $149 or $299 to have your rights returned...

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Terie:
The Royal Wedding? The Royal freaking Wedding??????

Which apparently gets it in the Royal Elite section in "Londen" no less.

Twits.

I'm going to the London Book Fair this year, so I'll try and get some pictures of the PA Stall.

MM

Scribble10

Registered
Reaction score
The Royal Wedding and your book on a jump drive? Wow! Let me (NOT) whip out my credit card! Is PA getting more pathetic or what? Excuse me while I go puke...(again)...

DeadlyAccurate

Absolutely Fazed
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carlaharker.com
I like how they don't tell you what you'd be getting for that $69. I can't even guess at what they're implying. Are they suggesting they'd send your book to that actor? The same for the royal wedding "product." It doesn't tell you anything at all.

Last edited:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
The Royal Wedding and your book on a jump drive? Excuse me while I go puke...(again)...

To quote
this writer, "I'm sure it sounded GREAT in the conference room and must have lost something in translation to the website."

Included is much wankage on the "tone" letters. :evil

TheTinCat

I am a mighty viking!
Registered
Reaction score
Is it just me, or have they not updated their "This week's new releases" page since the beginning of December 2010?

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I think I found the "congratulations" to be the worst. I mean, it's literally saying "You just signed your contract, now give us money!"

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Which actor plays your main character best?

Srsly.

For just $69.00.

Hey, PA authors! Come here and save $69!

Speaking of which, one of the authors who has a tsunami in his book says:
By the way the book is perfect to be a movie. I recall a couple of publishers about five or six years ago tried to get me to sign with them. I don't know what they did finally.
Fortunately PA is on top of of it and I can sleep in peace every night.

(This book really covers the current situation of the world from tsunami to mortgage companies bubble to inhumane acts of some human beings, greed, in contrast with highest principles and values. I think everyone will be able to relate to it whether they are tsunami victim or foreclosed home victim, or a hard working man or woman with lousy work place with injustice).

My thinking about the potential movie is to have human characters and then after tsunami happens it becomes animation. New concept?

Michael Fox would have been great for this but maybe others can do it with similar character.

The ideal female character would perhaps be Meg Ryan or someone like Jody Foster but younger. Sorry, Demi Moore, Madonna and others do not fit the scene.

. . . and in another post on a different thread, he says
I would give any proceeds from any animation movie made from this book to Japan tsunami victims. It is a book that wll win the hearts of all kids and parents. I am old enough to know the value of the words in this book.

Oh, I just changed my mind and I propose the proceeds from the book sales in addition to the animation to go to Japan victims. PA can decide on its share.

We can guess what PA would decide.