Return of a Man Named PAMB and its Quotes

scully931

So you're suggesting what? Bigfoot?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.paragonstudios.org
With that threat of copying and reposting PA will probably just ban him.

Hopefully a few customers saw it before it vanished.

kullervo

minion
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.loreleiarmstrong.com
The "my book has more Google hits than the latest Man Booker Prizewinner" guy is back again. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone headed for a worse fall from the PA cliff than this guy. I hope there's a net waiting.

I did read the book he compares to. Found it in my favorite bookstore, oddly enough.

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
The "my book has more Google hits than the latest Man Booker Prizewinner" guy is back again. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone headed for a worse fall from the PA cliff than this guy. I hope there's a net waiting.

I did read the book he compares to. Found it in my favorite bookstore, oddly enough.

After being with PA for almost 2 years now this writer has to know what's what with them. I'm now thinking this poor fellow has finally cracked due to PA's treatment of himself and his work. (before I was thinking he was a "plant" to keep up the spirits of the others and insure the blinders stay firmly in place)

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
A celebration on FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/jan-...-after-ticked-off-author-sends-/1311397041897

PUBLISH AMERICA FINALLY REMOVED MY BOOK! BUT IT TOOK MY SENDING THE EVIDENCE THAT I HAVE TO THE MARYLAND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU, THE MARYLAND MAIN CBS TELEVISION STATION, AND THE MARYLAND FBI. THAT LETTER WAS SENT ON 02-25-2011 AND THE BOOK WAS GONE TONIGHT WHEN I WENT IN TO GET ANOTHER SCREEN SHOT.

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Um, yeah. She's left comments on anti-PA blogs and other places for the last couple years now. The all caps seemed familiar.

While I DO understand her anger with PA, it's important to know to move on and write a new and better book to send to a reputable publisher.

I'm glad she won a victory, so we can celebrate a bit with her.

But when it comes down to it, PA is a speed bump. They shake you up, might rattle your suspension, but you maintain control your vehicle and keep moving forward to leave them in the dust.

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
That evidence doesn't prove anything.

PA can say that they printed those books up a year and a half ago and just happened to have them kicking around the office, so when the order came in they shipped them (as they are allowed to do by their contract, without needing to pay royalties. Check it out).

After the rights have been returned....
...the
Publisher may dispose of the work, copyrights, plates, books, sheets and other property without
further liability for royalties or otherwise.

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
If I'm not mistaken, I saw one of those release letters that said there were no copies left.

Mine said that. But there are still copies roaming the world. The bad part of actually selling hundreds or so PA books means there are used books, store inventory books and such that pop up occasionally. I was at a nudist event last summer when a person came up with a PA version of my first book and wanted me to autograph it. He found it in a store at a nudist park over the winter.

JulieB

I grow my own catnip
Registered
Reaction score
This author's complaint (well, one of them) was that a year later, the book was still listed in the PA store. I suppose she could have had someone try to order it, but I get the impression she doesn't have the money to be ordering her own books. Also, should the book arrive, there's the problem of proving the copy has been sitting around PA's warehouse for a year or more. Again, back to what Jim said.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh. Is it that time again?

A PA author asks:
Has anyone received a royalty check yet?

And a cheerleader replies:
If you did not sell any copies you will get the statement in your email inbox.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
:(

Hope when the statements arrive, they understand it is their publisher that is the obstacle, and not themselves. I mean in general, not just that particular author.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
huh. Now I wonder if Google Guy is being very very sarcastic:

Congratulate me

After all these months of my book being on over 1000 web sites world wide inclucing China and with over 6,000 copies available on ebay. PA's royalty statement states 11 copies have been sold.
WOW this so awesome!!!!!

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
huh. Now I wonder if Google Guy is being very very sarcastic:

Congratulate me

HA, I so agree with you!
Reading his Facebook posts, he is a thinking man. You go from saying someone bought 4000 copies of my book to PA says I sold 11 and keep the same demeanor in all the posts, you must know what your doing:)
Yet... the sad thing is, another writer posts under his, congratulations. Why wouldn't the first reply post to his be, "are you KIDDING me??!!!!" not congrats.
sigh.....

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
As I'm thinking of it, it's the "WOW, this is so awesome" that keeps the other writers in the dark as to how he is really feeling. Then again, it's what is keeping PA from deleting his posts, so he IS crazy, like a fox:)

ctripp

Christine Tripp
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinetripp.com
>Okay I don't want to discourage anyone from using PA I am in the process of sending them the sequel to my first book. However since the release of my book in July of 2010 PA says I only sold 2 books. Which I know family and friends purchased my book. However before I release my second book to them I'm wondering if it will be worth it. Due to vendor not paying PA Authors have to suffer. Just feeling a little disappointed right now. Guess I have to work harder at self promoting my book or fight to get my book on store shelves.<

Why DOES this writer think non payment to their publisher would skew the numbers of books sold? This would only result in a publisher telling you they can't send you a check (bad enough) but the pub would still have to report the sales to you.
Ah yes, it all boils down to the writer and that they are not doing a good enough job of selling their books, so sad that these people believe their job is not just to create product but to complete what a real publisher hires people for, marketing, works with companies to complete, distributors.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Royalty check season begins as it always does. The first serious thread (I'm not sure Google Guy's counts) is called No royalty check.

Okay I don't want to discourage anyone from using PA

Calculate whether you or PA have earned more money during this process.

Then decide who is using who.

I am in the process of sending them the sequel to my first book. However since the release of my book in July of 2010 PA says I only sold 2 books. Which I know family and friends purchased my book. However before I release my second book to them I'm wondering if it will be worth it. Due to vendor not paying PA Authors have to suffer. Just feeling a little disappointed right now. Guess I have to work harder at self promoting my book or fight to get my book on store shelves.

Sigh... the usual excuses and conclusion. It's not PA's fault, it's the vendors shafting the authors, and the only solution is to promote, promote, promote.

And the start of the last sentence reminded me of Boxer from Animal Farm, a staunch loyalist whose motto was, "I will work harder". Remember what happened to him in the end?