The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Cantrell-Colas, Inc.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Cantrell-Colas, Inc.

I did a search for them here, but couldn't find anything.

This literary agency is listed in P&E, but I can't find anything else about them. Do they have any recent sales? Does anyone else have any experience with them?

They've requested for more of my mss, but it makes me nervous since there's no website or they're not in any of the marketbooks.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    -K

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    Ask them directly: Who are some of their better known clients? What have they sold lately?

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dove95
    They've requested for more of my mss, but it makes me nervous since there's no website or they're not in any of the marketbooks.
    No website is not always bad, but not being in the main marketbooks is curious. Where did you find them in the first place?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    That's the problem. They've been non-responsive to my questions. I guess the friend who told me about them really didn't do her research either.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    M'kay. From this we discover the owner's name: Maryanne Colas-Thibouville. Which leads us to a dedication from a book pubbed in 1998. After a merry search for an agent named Cantrell, I tripped over some concert credits for her playing as Cantrell-Colas (probably her maiden name). *head hurt*

But I don't find any mention of the agency after 2000.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: