AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Redwood Agency (Catherine Fowler)

Getting back up again Dawnny Baby's Avatar

Redwood Agency (Catherine Fowler)

Okay, I've been stalking this forum for some time now, learning some GREAT tips, but I can't find anything on the Redwood Agency, or its founder, Catherine Fowler. (I double-checked the forum listings and did a search here.) She is listed on PM, but her most recent sale seems to be from 2007. Does anyone know anything about her?
    Last edited by Dawnny Baby; 09-03-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: clarification

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW JamieB's Avatar
    Looks like (if I'm reading everything correctly) their PM page says they take fiction, but the submission guidelines on their website say non fic only.
    NY Times & USA Today Bestselling Author
    www.jamieblairauthor.com

Young Adult
    Romance

PM page: http://www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/cjfowler/

Her website states she accepts humorous fiction, but that's a lot less than the PM page infers. I'd go by her site, of course. The lack of recent sales activity is troubling, though.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Getting back up again Dawnny Baby's Avatar
    The lack of recent sales activity is troubling, though.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, too. Thanks, CaoPaux!

There are still no sales on their website past 2006. Raises a red flag for me.

Should be writing!
    Yes - they must be out of business. They're still on PM (still with no post-2007 news), but their website is gone. Anyone know anything more?

Vestiges of old site here: http://redwoodagency.home.comcast.ne...ncy/RAHome.htm

On her blog, she's looking for the "next phase" of her career, but no mention why.
    ICAO
    ---------