The Bent Nail Saloon.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Way to kill the thread there, Burl.

BTW, the place to put things like this is down in SYW.
Meh, we can always pick up on lines like this and go with them, right?

Like:

*spit*

Howdy there, stranger. Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm the Marshal in these here parts. Yonder sits the preacher. We ain't quite sure what he's preachin' yet, but he uses all kinds of candles and chants and sech, it must be good preachin'.

I'll take some of that bourbon you been flashin'.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
<takes a pull off' mah flask, hauls out large book fulla' weird writin's>

Phtagn Cthul..., er all right brothers 'n sisters, lissen' up, y'all 'cause the stars they done come right real soon now, ya' hearest? Nows is comin' the time for the harvest an' it's comin' for all o' us. The day o' darkness when the Old Ones will rise up and resume... Uh, the day o' light when God an' His angels will rise agin the evil o' Satan and resume mastery o'er the world an' all humankind. Yea, verily I say onto you that only the chosen shall dwell in the mighty places wi' d' Old Ones, uh, that is, God and His Son Nyarlathotep..., I mean, Jesus.

And we shall dwell in the depths..., that is, the houses of Heaven, all the days of our infer..., um, existence, forever.

Phtagn Cthulhu! I mean, praise God!

There, that's a sermon fir all you heathens...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Pastor, you preach a good sermon, you do. But tell me. You ain't from these parts are you? I'm guessin' Rhode Island. AmIright?

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
It reminds me of the old saying about Okies - was it Will Rogers?

Whoever it was said that during the Depression the poorest Okies moved to California, thereby raising the IQ of both states.

ETA - It was Will Rogers!

Last edited:

KatieJ

I think I'm back....
Registered
Reaction score
Good Job!

But this thread has been semi-comatose for a while, seems like a couple of months. Maybe we need to electro-reseso-circumcombobulate it.

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
I ain't no good at dancing. Ain't no good at being a girl either. I can make a chihuahey dance... with my sixshooter. Hmm. I seem to have left it somewhere. It's so hard to carry it without a holster. The dang thing clashes with my pajamas.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I ain't no good at dancing. Ain't no good at being a girl either. I can make a chihuahey dance... with my sixshooter. Hmm. I seem to have left it somewhere. It's so hard to carry it without a holster. The dang thing clashes with my pajamas.
*spit*

Mayhap you be disrememberin'. I'm the Marshal in these here parts. I'm the one what makes other folks dance.

Don't be fergettin' that.

*spit*

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
*spit*

Mayhap you be disrememberin'. I'm the Marshal in these here parts. I'm the one what makes other folks dance.

Don't be fergettin' that.

*spit*

I misremember. No matter what any baseball players tell you, you heard it here first.

*spit*

That's just for spittin's sake.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hark. Is that the ol' pianer?

Last time I heered it playin was right before we had to drag the body of the pianer player off'n it. Damn shame too. We brought him in from Chicager special.

'Course I never heered no preacher playin' no music either. Ain't that sinful or something?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
It ain't sinful ter listens ter good music. It's only sinful if it's spelt cRap and sung by guys wit' their pants down below their behinds.

Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, some o' them new-fangled gittar singers, that ole' Spanish stuff like Arguelo, fiddles an' sech, now that's music.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I understand they's folks now with something called "amplifiers" and "speakers." Now, I ain't quite sure when them things is, but it ain't Jimmy Crack Corn, if you know what I mean.