The Bent Nail Saloon.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
There are times when a gun is best left unloaded. Just incase something bad happens. ;)

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
I thought that was pretty good advice. oh well :Shrug:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It was good advice, but you know the crew that frequents this place.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So what can I get you today?

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
I'm kinda new here but thought I'd drop in anyway. I feel bad that I don't frequent this section frequently enough. So, here I am.

Since you're serving drinks, could I get a shot of alcohol? Rubbing will do. I didn't say I was gonna drink it.

As to the advice to keep gun unloaded, that sounds wise to me. I know it's crossing genres, but, give me one bullet and stick it in my pocket.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I'm kinda new here but thought I'd drop in anyway. I feel bad that I don't frequent this section frequently enough. So, here I am.

Since you're serving drinks, could I get a shot of alcohol? Rubbing will do. I didn't say I was gonna drink it.

As to the advice to keep gun unloaded, that sounds wise to me. I know it's crossing genres, but, give me one bullet and stick it in my pocket.
Welcome, B. You know, Barney Fife made a career with one bullet in his pocket.

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, B. You know, Barney Fife made a career with one bullet in his pocket.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Where I live (a small town very similar to Mayberry) we have a running joke about our finest public servants. It is just HILARIOUS to see them trying to poke around a crime scene like they know what they're doing. In fact, I think there's some good humor (not the ice cream) stories in there. I'll have to think about that. If you'd like to hear them, I can give a quick account.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking. Where I live (a small town very similar to Mayberry) we have a running joke about our finest public servants. It is just HILARIOUS to see them trying to poke around a crime scene like they know what they're doing. In fact, I think there's some good humor (not the ice cream) stories in there. I'll have to think about that. If you'd like to hear them, I can give a quick account.
Go for it. :D

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Go for it. :D

I should really be working on a new resume, but what the heck. Here goes.

These are meant to be just a summations of the story and not to be taken literally as though it were a written story. That will come later, much later.

Disclaimer: The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

My family is compromised of relatively short, overweight people. All of us, it's just how we are. Several years ago, the tobacco shop just down the hill from our house was robbed. The surveillance video showed a tall, skinny person robbing the store. He happened to be our neighbor at the time.

What do you know? Barney Fife shows up at our front door the following morning. He is questioning my father about what had occurred. Fife shows Dad a ski mask and asks him, "Jim, is this your mask?"

"No," my father responds.

"Well, it was found in your backyard this morning."

"The owner has cameras, doesn't he? I heard it was a skinny kid on the tape. John, you can search this house all you like, but I don't think you'll find anyone matching that description."

The police officer who, after looking at the video evidence, suspected my father of owning this ski mask. This officer, I would not trust to deduce how to use his one-bullet allotment. Would you?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

FlamingSambuca.jpg

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
There are times when a gun is best left unloaded. Just incase something bad happens. ;)

*tap, tap, spit*

*wipes spit off shoe*

They don't let me near the firearms,

yet.

Welcome bkendall.

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the alcohol, regdog. Nothing like a good shot of isopropyl ethanol. Got any maker's mark back there? That's what I'm used to.

We gotta practice on that shooting thing because it's gets dangerous in this establishment. Actually, I'm not sure which one would be more dangerous...

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Maker's Mark only goes back to 1954.
Yeah, I'm afeared there ain't no bourbon in these here parts at all. But I do believe there's a bottle of Snake Piss behind the bar right there next to the rot gut. It should do you in some.

*spit*

Ferret? You got a spare ceegar?

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm afeared there ain't no bourbon in these here parts at all. But I do believe there's a bottle of Snake Piss behind the bar right there next to the rot gut. It should do you in some.

*spit*

Ferret? You got a spare ceegar?

don't worry i'll be okay. this is where sci-fi crosses over to western with time travel. no? okay. snake urine, huh? paint me naive. anybody get shot yet today? you know with all the practicing going on. i may not be good for much but i can play the pianer. what would you like to hear?

bkendall

Registered
Reaction score
snake piss, gotcha. had to look it up. like i said, naive. not much of a drinker, but why not? btw, never thought i'd see something like that out in these parts.

CDaniel

Writing for the brand
Registered
Reaction score
*looks at the new kid*

*elbows haggis*

What's with the kid in the blue long-jons?