The Bent Nail Saloon.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
^^I'd listen to Tizzy about the hunting advice if I were you.....she's like ex-marine, or----sumpthin'.....

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, well she should of bagged that bird yesterday. Hah! You'll be all afternoon plucking a turkey.

MissAimee

A wannabe writer who lives in a land of confusion
Registered
Reaction score
Tiz, since you can shoot a gun can you teach me? I live so way out in the dry brush and a a single girl needs to learn to defend herself.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
what do you need to know, Aim? I may be able to help, too...just not with hunting Qs...

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
The "or sumpthin" is back woods hick-chick. Where our motto is "It's okay as long as you eat it", everyone owns a "co-ed naked" t-shirt, and we carry our buck knives with us at all times "just in case". Never know when your gonna run over a turkey.

Bangin the turkeys is not allowed. Not even here.

And depending on how big a shell/round your shootin, you may have to tie yourself to a tree. I so wish I'd had the video camera running when my daddy fell on his ass. LOL

Last edited:

MissAimee

Registered
Reaction score
I just want to learn how to hit what I'm aiming at.. Not to kill but to wound.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aim...do you want protection from wildlife or intruders? Attacks when you're out by yourself?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Well, I have opinions about this. If you're not wanting to kill it, don't shoot it. If you're threatened enough to feel like you have to fire you have to be okay with knowing you may kill someone (something). Otherwise, flee.

Being a good enough shot to maim will take a lot of practice and familiarity with your weapon. CAn be done, of course, but strictly speaking self defense, I defer to my previous paragraph.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Yesm, because you sure as heck don't want them still feeling spy enough to get your firearm away from you.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score

You're talkin self defense? as in some asshole's plannin on harming you?

You're the type of person that would pet a cat and say "I love you" while it eats your face off, aren't you?

Shoot the bastard. <--that's just my personal opinion for certain previously disclosed reasons.

MissAimee

Registered
Reaction score
I guess since I'm too nice, I might just have to keep a gun handy just for show.. Even if I don't know how to use it

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I used to say the same thing, Aimee. I never did (and still don't) want to have to use my weapon. But after I took the CCW training and talking with many other women who also carry, I had to resign myself to the thought I shared above. Taking a life is no light matter-- the problem is, when you're the possible victim, the perp doesn't always agree.

So, saying you don't want to kill will (hopefully :)) always apply to you, but having to if need be, takes more mental preparation than anything.

If it comes down to it, I've got a son who needs me and if the creep at the grocery store insists on following me out to my car and standing way too close, I know I can back up my telling him to get lost, if I have to. Thankfully, I never have.

This would not be the appropriate forum for any further discussion on this, at least on my end. Feel free to PM me if you want a more thougough discussion as I am happy to talk about it....

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess since I'm too nice, I might just have to keep a gun handy just for show.. Even if I don't know how to use it

a resounding NO!, Aimee--

that would be like getting behind the wheel of a car not knowing how to drive.

:D

eta: :Ssh: okay, this is me shutting up now, lol!

MissAimee

Registered
Reaction score
It's ok.. My dad has offered to take me to the local shooting range. He thinks everybody needs to learn the basics of how to use a gun.

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's ok.. My dad has offered to take me to the local shooting range. He thinks everybody needs to learn the basics of how to use a gun.
well that;s good :)

you don't have to carry a gun as your weapon, either. THere are knives and retractable batons....mace or pepper spray are quite useful too.

Now, bludgeoning someone with a stick or stabbing them with a knife would have more .... disturbing psychological effects on me personally than fireing my gun, but that's just me.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score

I was the same way. I'm way too nice to jerk-offs. Cella's right. You need to mentally prepare yourself for what could happen, and what you gotta do. When that time comes (and hoepfully it doesn't) you're not gonna have time for a debate on what you're gonna do.

I've got a double shot shotgun. All I gotta do is open it, put in the shells, snap it shut, pull back the safety, aim, and pull the triggers. One right after the other. First one is probably gonna spatter the floor or ceiling cause I know I'll be freaked--but it will make him take a step back and the second will no doubt hit. With shot gun shells somethings gonna hit him.

Ball bats work. Get a ball bat. Crack nutz.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
And on that high-pitched note, I have to say bye byes for awhile. Need to mosey on out and get a Christmas tree.

Later fellow defense chickies.

Tiz_Mee

iz bossy . . .
Registered
Reaction score
*comes tearin in on her stud*

Woo Hoo! Howdy guys/gals! Hmm. No one here.

*jumps up on table and starts dancin*

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah? Watch this.....

*does cartwheel & a series of front flips before high fiving Tiz* eta: and Syno--sorry gal pal, didn't see ya there!

Last edited:

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
Hell, Tiz. I just cleaned the mud off from the last time. What ya' drinking this evening?

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
sparkling cider that I can pretend is champagne? I'll take it! :D

Thank you m'dear!