The Bent Nail Saloon.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, you've been Airachnid

Aha! I knew it was a Decepticon. Del didn't think so, because she couldn't see any emblem.

Greg? If you say poisonous venom again, I'm going to bop you on the head with my fictional novel. :wag:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
What? Arrest and detention? Or arrested detention?

Is that anything like arrested attention? Or detentioned arrest?

You can't arrest me, Marshal. I'm the preacher! What'll folks say?

Can I have a drink before I go?
*folks has heard of Jimmy Swaggart. Folks has heard of Jim and Tammy Bakker. Hell, folks has even heard about Aimee Semple McPhereson. One more ain't no thang*

*spit*

Go ahead though. Have that last drink. In fact I think I'll join ya.

Beertender? A bar fer me and my friend here.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can have a beer Marshal but we don't serves prisoners. They drink too much and no one pays.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Yep.

*spit*

General Doubleday'll be gettin' another game together pretty soon if'n y'all want to play.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
If'n y'all didn't hear, it appears I am back among the gainfully employed starting Monday at 8am as a tech writer for a hydraulic parts manufacturer in Tulsa, all of about 8 miles from my house by surface street. Starting pay is $15/hr and the job could go permanent after 90 days. That pay ain't chicken feed 'round these here parts.

Seven months out of work, six months on unemployment (I think I had 1-2 weeks left on state before having to apply for the Tier 1 federal EUC benefits), and now on the cusp of roaring back to just under a pay level I was at out at LBNL and better than anything I've had in Oklahoma thus far.

Now, if I can just get my car registered and keep it going until I can get my DL fixed with California and here, life will be good again. I might even be able to get my cable turned back on, catch up on my rent and electricity, and pay for my prescriptions. Heck, there might even be money for new glasses along the way.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Baby steps, Greg. Great news, indeed. But baby steps. Do they have Albuterol in the 1800s?

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
No albuterol, no. They tended to use cocaine.

:)

So, a coked out of his gourd, asthmatic old preacher who wanders around town mumbling incoherent words from an ancient book, painting weird symbol on walls and floors, and drinking too much while scribbling in another book. Yup, that's me round these parts.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If'n y'all didn't hear, it appears I am back among the gainfully employed starting Monday at 8am as a tech writer for a hydraulic parts manufacturer in Tulsa, all of about 8 miles from my house by surface street. Starting pay is $15/hr and the job could go permanent after 90 days. That pay ain't chicken feed 'round these here parts.

Seven months out of work, six months on unemployment (I think I had 1-2 weeks left on state before having to apply for the Tier 1 federal EUC benefits), and now on the cusp of roaring back to just under a pay level I was at out at LBNL and better than anything I've had in Oklahoma thus far.

Now, if I can just get my car registered and keep it going until I can get my DL fixed with California and here, life will be good again. I might even be able to get my cable turned back on, catch up on my rent and electricity, and pay for my prescriptions. Heck, there might even be money for new glasses along the way.

:TheWave::PartySmil
:TheWave::PartySmil

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Thanks, Reg. By my calculations I'll be pulling down close to $2k net (based on Single 2 Federal+State weekly deductions) per month which means, when I get paid in 2 weeks, the drinks are on me!

Turned in all the final paperwork today. I won't get paid for the first week (well, I will, but it will be included in the 2nd week's check), but thereafter the pay is weekly on Fridays direct deposited to a Visa debit card (available by the following Tuesday at the latest, but I've never seen it take anywhere near that long).

Maybe I could even save a couple of bucks?

Naw... Soon as I start thinking that way the Feds are gonna' jack me up for something they claim I owe from 20 years ago or something.

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Thought was already here. Preacher been takin aim at leggy things.

Yes, I was sad witness to the blasphemy. I figure a reckoning is about due. But that's a task better left for another day. I'm not fully back to health just yet.

In the meantime I'm listening to my husband try to convince our offspring to go pick all the dandelions, so he can make some wine. I hope he doesn't mean to try and cure me with it.
yerk-014.gif