Submission response times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Write4Life

Living in the moment
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Susan, lol, I'll try to be more patient. :)

Is it okay to query agents while waiting for their response to my query though? Or should I wait another month to see if they respond with interest?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Thanks Susan, lol, I'll try to be more patient. :)

Is it okay to query agents while waiting for their response to my query though? Or should I wait another month to see if they respond with interest?

I'd keep querying agents. You could be waiting a long time to hear from Harl Teen, and that's time you could land an agent. I've been waiting nearly 4 months and I haven't stopped querying agents (although I'm querying a different book now!)

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Dorchester has had my REQUESTED sub for 2 years. I gave up on it a long time ago...

Don't give up! They had my full for 3 years before sending me a personalized form rejection.

Last edited:

D.Avet

Tripping the light Romantastically
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.danicaavet.wordpress.com
I'm in the midst of waiting to hear back from 2 editors who requested fulls and have received 7 rejections from agents since. I've got more agents I want to query, but do I mention to them that I've had the requests from editors?

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
I just received a "yes" response from BookStrand for a novella I sent them a little less than a month ago. I don't know if the quick response time is due to the shorter length of the work or the fact I've sold to them before. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

My previous sale, also a novella, came about two months after submission. I don't (yet) know BookStrand's response time for full novels. Anyone?

One of my novels received a rejection from Samhain after about three months. That sounds about right.

Hope this helps.

Dee Carney

Bringing sexy back
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deecarney.com
Nocturne bounced my query with a two-week turnaround.

Yeah well. Back to the drawing board.

Ouch. Sorry about the rejection, but it's a *little* better than having your stuff out there for months before receiving a reply.

:Hug2:

xccorpio

Registered
Reaction score

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Thanks. It was a paranormal. I wasn't sure if it was quite right for Nocturne, but decided to take the shot. All I lost was two weeks and some typing paper. I'll get over it.

I sent another story, a fantasy, to an e-zine. They held it for 2 YEARS with no response, then went out of business, still with no response. I learned about their folding on ralan.com. I'll take a two-week turnaround over two years of nail biting any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.