Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
Sorry, I'm a zombie lover. Besides, I know of no pictures that have a Southern Fried middle finger.

Anyway...the purpose of this thread is C.H.A.T.

About anything. Just don't tell us about a rash or anything. K?

JHS is about...Hitting Send and what comes with it.

Off to find my new avi!

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisebertacchi.wordpress.com
Ug, what's with the zombies?
pride-prejudice-zombies.jpg

My hubby had me pick this up:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

Don't know what to make of it...

Last edited:

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Ug, what's with the zombies?
pride-prejudice-zombies.jpg

My hubby had me pick this up:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!

Don't know what to make of it...

Everyone loves Zombies!

I'm telling you, the Zombie Apocalypse is coming.

I think someone should go, right now, and write a non-fiction article on every zombie incident that's happened. Can anyone find a news article-a real one, no fakes- on someone who came to life after dying and became violent due to their brain being totally damaged?

There doesn't have to be brain eaters, because, seriously, I'd prefer hitting the Olive Garden.

Oh...Stacey...I feel a query contest idea coming on...

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Ninjas are so ten years ago. I'd have flashbacks to Napoleon Dynamite and Rex Kwan Do:

Rex: Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it. Last off, my students will learn about self respect. You think anybody thinks I'm a failure because I go home to Starla at night? Forget about it!

Zombies unite!

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
I've been searching for writing jobs online, but I haven't really found anything I can confidently apply for. I think it's time to redirect my efforts-next week I'll make strides to secure some first-timer clips, both in humor and in copywriting. (Getting close to the end of the handbook, so it's time to put it into practice.) Besides that, I did blog work, began editing my video project, and studied a lot of great comedy.

Tomorrow I'm going to the expo. Need to spend some time tonight making my last preparations. I dunno how it's gonna turn out-this is the first time I've done this, after all. But I'm going to push out of my comfort zone and go for it. I'm looking foward to enjoying myself.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
I just want to get this straight- We start a chat thread because we drift off of discussing writing and work-related topics in our regular "business" threads.

So now we discuss work and marketing in our chat thread??

Dawn, quite confused

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I think the bumps are still being worked out. Perhaps we need a marketing thread so as not to impose on the chat thread. ;)

Mysti

Aurora, CO is my new home!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.awritersnook.com
I know that JHS becomes riddled with chat, but it does go back to working/writing related subjects. I quite pondered why there was a separate chat thread when that's the ebb and flow of the water cooler, so to speak.

*shrugs shoulders*

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Because:

1. It was suggested so JHS could get back on target and allow members to check up on others without sifting through extraneous chat
2. People not involved in JHS may want to meet the rest of y'all ;)

Mysti, if you have further questions, please feel free to PM me.

Stacey

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I know that JHS becomes riddled with chat, but it does go back to working/writing related subjects. I quite pondered why there was a separate chat thread when that's the ebb and flow of the water cooler, so to speak.

*shrugs shoulders*

Ok, this is why-

Some have used the JHS as a personal blogging platform. I wasn't going to be so blunt, but that's it. And it's damned annoying.

Chitter chatter in posts is fine. We've all done it and always will. But when it comes to relating every single moment of what you did to AVOID hitting send...there's this thread. I'm not going to fill up JHS with the fact that Lucas filled up a massive diaper load- unless it involves a story I submitted or a blog post on it.

In a nutshell, a chat thread is where all of our mundane life chat goes, so we can keep up with everyone we don't IM with or don't have time to IM or email. JHS is about the goals we make. You should remember that. Plus what came of them or how they are progressing. NOT what we did when we woke up.

Sorry to be harsh but sometimes that's the only way an idea is made clear.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
Julie, thank you for putting that so eloquently. :D

Now, who wants to share the next diaper load? *off to check out CatMuse's*

ETA: Oh. My god. That thing is a loaded weapon! Favorite line: "Never point a baby’s bare butt directly at your face."

Last edited:

AmyDoodle

I'm a Bajaffe!
Registered
Reaction score
2nd star to the right and 10 miles west of Sugar T
Website
www.mindovermullis.blogspot.com
I think someone should go, right now, and write a non-fiction article on every zombie incident that's happened. Can anyone find a news article-a real one, no fakes- on someone who came to life after dying and became violent due to their brain being totally damaged?

Well, I wasn't actually dead, but I sure felt like this very thing not long after childbirth.

And Freelance without Zombies is like hubby without his coffee. I just don't want to witness that.

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Well, I wasn't actually dead, but I sure felt like this very thing not long after childbirth.

And Freelance without Zombies is like hubby without his coffee. I just don't want to witness that.

I knew you were my hero for a reason.

So now we have to find a Zombie Giraffe, stat!

Andreya

in denial
Registered
Reaction score
lol OMG!

I actually LIKE Wyntermoon's avatar! HA!
Awesome siggy, Julie!

Was intrigued & fascinated with Ms Austen on zombies too (though slightly scared of the cover - lol!)

PS Didn't account for EVERYTHING in the blog posts, just what seemed even slightly writing-related, or was in a blog post (I just didn't put up a link) - like about the beehive etc.

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
LOL, Andreya! That avatar has a history too. I won one of the Freelance contests with a How-to article (how to tell a ghost story) with its hero being a zombie in the cheese dip. It sort of... stuck. ;)

Matt Willard

Inquisitor of Zork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.giantrobotinvasion.com
Gonna try some things differently this week. First off, since I spend most of my week attending to the blog, I'm going to try attending to it on the evenings instead, which frees up a task slot for other things. I still plan to write during the day, but I'll reserve that for humor articles I intend to pass to magazines as well as any future copywriting assignments I get. Besides, my evenings need to be more interesting than "refresh YouTube constantly".

Secondly, I'm pushing aside the weekly goals for a while. They never really got done all the way, I noticed. Instead, for a while I'm going to try just a monthly goal, which is a subgoal of my overall goal. This month's goal is "get one humor article published and land one copywriting gig". This gives me some room to work each week while giving me an overall target. Gonna start a bit easy this time to get adjusted to it.

Now, since I drafted a new blog post today, I intended to revise it tomorrow during the day. But since I'm shifting it to evening time now, that plan's changed. Tomorrow is marketing stuff-not only do I want to work on the humor piece I'm going to send in to a local paper, but I've got an idea to give something of value to a fellow niche blogger. It'd be good to make deeper friendships with the other little guys I know, that's for sure.

CatMuse33

Just hitting send
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allcotmedia.com
Matt,
I'm not one of the fastest writers on this forum, so I'm not going to tell anyone else how much time they *should* put in... but I'm curious. How long does it take you to write a blog/revise/post a blog post? How many posts per week do you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.