AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Barbara Markowitz Literary Agency

practical experience, FTW sissybaby's Avatar

Barbara Markowitz Literary Agency

Does anyone have any info on this agent? I can find almost nothing on her, but I know that at one time - possibly still - she represented Barbara O'Connor.

Thanks for any help.

Sissy

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

practical experience, FTW frandavea's Avatar
    Sounds interesting, but does she have an actual website or link to contact info? The above is just of list of authors who've acknowledged her.
    D.M. Anderson
    http://dmanderson.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/frandavea

Killer Cows (Echelon Press) - Paperback or kindle at www.amazon.com Ebook: www.fictionwise.com .
    Shaken (Echelon Press)
    With the Wicked (on submission)
    The Dark Ride - WIP

I don't think she has a web site. I queried her a few years back when she was listed in the Writers Guide under the Childrens Agents section but I'm not even sure if she continued her listing in that one any more.

Her requirements were to query via snail mail and if I remember correctly, she responded within 6 weeks. Again, it was a few years ago.

Hope that helps.
    Mark

Want to learn about ETFs? Yours truly is the About.com Guide for Exchange Traded Funds.

I'm also the CEO of SEOM Interactive a Philadelphia SEO Company and I tweet at @markkennedysem

practical experience, FTW
    I have spoken with Barbara a few times over the years on matters unrelated to my fiction (I don't write children's, MG or YA.) and I just recently found out she represents a friend whose YA novel has done very well.
    She is, as my friend described her "a pitbull." In other words, she an awesome agent and anyone would be lucky to have her.
    I, personally, adore her.
    She's funny, straightforward and honest.
    She does not, however, get along well with computers. She only recently started using email. So she's still out there, still repping and still awesome, but still has no website or public email address and probably never will.