Anyone interested in a new Music Forum contest?

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
For a long time I've wanted to try a contest where AW poets / lyricists pair with AW musicians and collaborate on an original piece, but I'm not sure if we have enough interested parties to make it work. If you think you might be interested in participating, please comment in this thread and state what you'd bring to the table in terms of talent and resources.

If we have enough interest, we can start with voluntary pairings and I can help match up the rest of the folks. We'd be looking for completely original pieces and looking for the pairs to collaborate on ideas and refinement, with the end result being an MP3 of the song for the AW members to vote on. I also wouldn't be opposed to having more than two people in a group.

Remember, collaborating often means compromising so you need to be flexible, be able to communicate clearly and play nicely with others. I know I've had a lot of fun collaborating with AW'ers in the past and have grown as a result.

So who's interested?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I would love to take part. Unfortunately, the only thing I can really bring to the table are lyrics. Everything I used to know about music has left me...due to lack of use (Believe it or not I even studied guitar--at the royal conservatory in Toronto...and used to know how to read music...all gone.).

If it happens, I'd love to team up with someone who could take lyrics and make a song with them. (-;

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Well, <ahem>, I've previously not only written my own complete songs, but I've put others' lyrics to words.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Well, <ahem>, I've previously not only written my own complete songs, but I've put others' lyrics to words.

well. isn't that astute. we should get together and call ourselves an institute. (-;

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
"... put others' lyrics to words."

Oh man, was I typing without engaging my brain? I better get some coffee...

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I have some lyrics I wrote years ago. Unfortunately, I wrote them with someone else's melody attached. It'd be great if someone could put original music to them.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
This makes me sad. I was really hoping this would get some interest. It would have been an extremely fun contest with lots of interactive magic. Sigh.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Yeah, this was something I'd been hoping for for a long time but I don't see it coming together.

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
it's a good idea. did you post in the poetry section too?