My First Use of the AW Ignore List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm reserving my judgement, given that this isn't OP, like I thought it was...

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
What have I been missing? Every time I leave a thread and come back, you people are trying to mate with each other! And in a thread about ignoring users no less.

What would I do without AW...

kct webber

Squirrel, Sekrit type, 1 ea.
Registered
Reaction score
What have I been missing? Every time I leave a thread and come back, you people are trying to mate with each other! And in a thread about ignoring users no less.

What would I do without AW...

Ignoring people is how I let them know I like them.

(Did I mention I'm 9 years old. :tongue)

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
I'm available but no-one wants me. :(

*Waits for the sympathy reps and phone numbers to roll in...*

... never mind that nonsense. Writing is what's important. So keep on working hard and you'll be getting plenty of phone numbers ... from editors ;-)

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
On topic: The request I just got was contributed to enormously by beta readers. Thank you Mel for doing what you do. That member has no idea what they're missing.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I've found I really enjoy critting, and I'm way better at it than I thought I would be. I wish I had more time... and reading stuff on the screen for long periods didn't make my eyeballs dry up like a couple of marbles in my head.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, I just found the "ignore" function. Cool! I've blocked one person -- not because I dislike them or their posts, but because their sig line includes a bunch of huge photographs featuring something I've got a phobia about and just can't handle seeing pictures of. Being able to blank out the person's posts and thus those photos is making my time here at AW a lot more pleasurable!

Reaction score
I think it's possible to just switch signatures off.

Then again you might miss links in other signatures you'd be interested in...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SP is right. You can turn signatures off. I had to do that a couple of years ago for the same reason Unimportant mentioned; multiple giant photos. I got tired of seeing them a half-a-dozen times in one thread.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... yep it is possible to switch sigs off. Go to user cp > edit options > thread display options ... and then under visible display options click off 'show signatures.' You can also click off 'show avatars' and 'show images.' Then click 'save changes' at the bottom of the screen. I clicked off all three myself months back thanks to a tip from Medi. Makes browsing through threads much easier, among other things. All the posts are condensed.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
If you're on dial-up, turning signatures off will speed screen refreshes up substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.