Read books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 265176919596979899100101
Results 2,501 to 2,502 of 2502

Thread: All Things Middle Grade

Quote Originally Posted by Toothpaste View Post
    And afterwards you can go through them and see if there are any you can cut down the middle. But generally yes, it's something I do in editing after the novel is complete.
    I've actually done this on the fly some with the adult stuff I've written. I've started out a chapter thinking I'm going to end it at one point, but then midway through I write a line and realize, ​Oh! That would make a much stronger ending/hook. So I end up splitting it in two. It's hard for me to imagine writing an entire book without having the chapter breaks in mind in advance! I've heard of a lot of other people doing it this way, though.
    "You have the itch for writing born in you. It's quite incurable. What are you going to do with it?" - Lucy Maud Montgomery

In Revision: THE HUNTED, sci-fi, down to 124k, taking more hits (or crits?) in QLH.
    Drafting: ANAX AND THE SKYDWELLER, MG fantasy.
    Recently un-trunked: 501 SHADOWROCK LANE, mystery, 89k.

I tweet hardly ever about reading, writing, and life

practical experience, FTW grandma2isaac's Avatar
    would love if there were people still posting here. I have been writing a lot of different genres, probably due to the fact that I read different genres. The lower grade or mg story that I am nearly satisfied with combines a lot of the amazing things I watched my own children going through. I incorporated the childhood toys of my grandson to live the scenes. I am hoping to find someone to beta read it for me soon and give me some pointers.

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 265176919596979899100101