AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The Tomasino Agency (Christine Tomasino)

The Tomasino Agency (Christine Tomasino)

Has anyone any experience with the Tomasino agency?

This is what I can find:
    1 page (9 hits) on Ms. Tomasino http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?ur...stine+Tomasino
    She's got $ on P&E, http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/pealc.htm
    Here's her PM page: www.publishersmarketplace.com/members/Tomasino/

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Lucy Dashwood's Avatar
    Personable. Small office. What she does, she does well.
    Nothing is inevitable.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Adding link: http://www.tomasinoagency.com/

Currently closed to most subs due to backlog:
    Due to an abundance of submissions we are placing a hiatus until further notice on all submissions except for those by previously published authors in the areas of health (physical, psychological and emotional), mind/body science, and self-help.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    OK, well, this agency wants you to submit by filling out a form on something called authors.me. I had never encountered this before, but it seemed OK. Write a blurb, write a summary, find a category, etc. Then I went to the next page of the form and they ask for cover art! They say it's not absolutely necessary, but it's a good way to attract agents/publishers. To me, this just reeks of self-publishing and I just know that the next move will be an email from somebody who offers to do a cover for me for some unknown amount of money. I cut off the form right there, but they already have my email address (you have to give it to "sign in" to the form.)

The Tomasino Agency itself is legit. My best guess is that because a site like authors.me does business for many different types of agencies, they may be asking for things (like cover art) that Tomasino does not need, but some of their smaller clients might require. Is there an option to skip the cover art section or leave it blank?

Tomasino itself does not seem very interested in queries except for authors already published, as per their PM page. I suspect they have gone with a submitting agency so that they can easily sift through queries looking for those who have already been published. That is pure speculation on my part, based on what I've read about the company. This is not an agent that I would submit to, for example, because I don't have the experience they prefer.

That's my 2 cents, anyway. I have no personal knowledge of this agency.