We're truly moving into dangerous times

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
Ironically, I'm writing a novel called Bible 2.0: A Bitchin New Testament for a Bitchin New World.

Its about an atheist named Danil re-writing the bible, the guardian angel who tries to stop him, and the supernatural and religious stuff that tries to manipulate the new bible for their own ends.

By the end, we're gonna have Catholic ninjas, Thor, a horror from beyond reality, Satan locked in the bathroom, and Lord Xemu's flagship hovering over Washington DC, ready to solve the Body Thetan problem...permanently.

I'm waiting for the Bible of ICanHazCheezeburger, where the Bible's story is told using nothing but LOL Cats.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Bible of ICanHazCheezeburger, where the Bible's story is told using nothing but LOL Cats.
No more waiting!

1. Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem.
2. Da Urfs no had shapez An haded dark face, An Ceiling Cat rode invisible bike over teh waterz.
3. At start, no has lyte. An Ceiling Cat sayz, i can haz lite? An lite wuz.
4. An Ceiling Cat sawed teh lite, to seez stuffs, An splitted teh lite from dark but taht wuz ok cuz kittehs can see in teh dark An not tripz over nethin.
5. An Ceiling Cat sayed light Day An dark no Day. It were FURST!!!1
6. An Ceiling Cat sayed, im in ur waterz makin a ceiling. But he no yet make a ur. An he maded a hole in teh Ceiling.
7. An Ceiling Cat doed teh skiez with waterz down An waterz up. It happen.
8. An Ceiling Cat sayed, i can has teh firmmint wich iz funny bibel naim 4 ceiling, so wuz teh twoth day.
9. An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, An Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs DO NOT WANT get wet.
10. An Ceiling Cat called no waterz urth and waters oshun. Iz good.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed we have odd lulls like this at A.W. Or maybe "departures" is a better word. . . .

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It isn't always twisting, though. You can make a strong Biblical case for slavery, for denying women rights, and all sorts of things. Good people have done terrible things because they thought they should, because of what the Bible says. And the verses don't change; society just comes to a different reading.

As for this hateful clown, he's probably going by Leviticus 20:13:

I'm sure he's not living his life according to Leviticus, but he at least can point to this verse and find followers, because it's in the Bible. And he'd say the ones not agreeing with him are the ones twisting and ignoring the parts of the Bible they don't like.

I'm not defending him, mind you.
The irony is that Jesus came and said we were set free from the law, that the sabboth was made for us not us for the sabboth. And you are right, this guy most certianly doesn't live by leviticus. Have you ever read it? My word....

Okay, thats a lot.

However, there are many, many people in the Islamic world who have memorised the entire Qur'an, once they can prove this they can call themselves Hafiz (by someone saying, SURAH AL BAQARRAH, VERSE 13 or something similar and then getting the word perfect reading). Now the Qur'an is shorter than the New Testament, but it still comes to over 100 chapters.

It used to be required for the entry into governmental positions and universities. I'm not sure about the contemporary Islamic world though.

If he remembers the geneologies and census chapters I'll be impressed.
Really 100 chapters isn't that much. The book of Genesis has 50 chapters and Exodus has 40 chapters. Nevermind the memorization doesn't equal understanding.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Ceiling Cat sayz jealouz iz baad ting, Willie.