Greetings From KittyFest

BarkingPup

Cannibalistic Necrophiliac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shelfari.com
One day a procrastinator sat up in bed, looked around, dislodged the angry cat from their legs, and decided to finally join a writing forum. Perhaps, they thought while lavishing the cat with scritches, this will motivate me to actually write something. Unfortunately, it was not so and Wilbur the laptop sat alone and forgotten with his blank documents, sobbing quietly in zeroes and ones.

Two novels ruminated in their own creative juices inside the potential writers head. Crowded, bumped, and occasionally overshadowed by newer, more shinier ideas. Yet their tantalising presentation could not be forgotten and the procrastinator reluctantly set about fleshing the ideas out.

A massive fantasy was born! Of gods that created diseases and ate children (the younger the better) coupled with a religious take over destined to wipe them off the map. Of racial persecution, culture shock, and the danger of magic that follows rules and guidelines. Of intrigue, political scandal, torture and plots gone horribly, horribly wrong.

And behold! Another story was born! This one a massive science fiction event, with a horrendous title that doesn't do it justice! Of a race united under one Queen and the well-intentioned mistake of loving aliens. Of the slow descent into madness and addiction (one and the same indeed) and planetary take-over. Of reliance on technology, paranoid preventions, and petty revolutions.

And the writer looked back on those plots, characters, worlds, and paragraphs. The writer saw that it was good. The writer prepared their fingers above the keyboard, tensing in anticiaption. And saw that a new Terry Pratchett book was out. And the writer went to the library, borrowed the book and forgot all about writing the story.

And the cat laughed, for its evil plan of distraction was well on the way.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Anyone who skritches the kitty first thing in the morning is held in high regard here.

And if you can write, all the better.

MGraybosch

Lunch Break Novelist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewgraybosch.com
Remember that kitties have been using humans ever since ancient Egypt to build the technological civilization that they could not for lack of opposeable thumbs. If we ever achieve starflight, it might not be the dolphins who say, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

BarkingPup

Cannibalistic Necrophiliac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shelfari.com
Remember that kitties have been using humans ever since ancient Egypt to build the technological civilization that they could not for lack of opposeable thumbs. If we ever achieve starflight, it might not be the dolphins who say, "So long, and thanks for all the fish!"

I'm quite certain they are now using us as tools to overpower the dog population and eventually take over the important parts of the world to move their plan of world domination forward. I mean, hamsters are too short lived and birds too smart to engage a cat in a fight. Dogs, on the other hand have always been a bone in their craw...

I keep expecting my own kitties to walk out stating that the neighbours have better tasting food.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

Ruth2

Tam, na Koncu Drevoreda
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the party! My cat removed my "Z" key from my laptop last week. Such goes the topple-ization of the world.

herbchick

alcohol will do that for ya
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!!!

Liked your intro, I can think of a few children to give over to the gods for their meal, and of course kitties are awesome, but I still prefer my loyal dog.