I WILL shop at Whole Foods, today.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
rob, maybe you should try a "Whole Foods Support Group" and see if that works out as well. :)

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Whole Foods stock closed at its highest price in a year on Friday. Looks like that Facebook group really had an impact. :rolleyes:

SHBueche

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ShelleyBueche.com
I'm not boycotting Whole Foods, nor do I have an issue with a private citizen expressing an opinion. However, he didn't write a piece called "My Alternative to Obamacare." The title was "The Whole Foods Alternative to ObamaCare." His credentials followed the piece. He wrote as a representative of Whole Foods, not a private citizen. He brought Whole Foods into the debate, not those who have chosen to boycott.

And he opposed something that many people support. Both sides want their voices heard and are raising them in different ways. Perception counts for a something and seeing Whole Foods scramble to distance themselves from this op-ed helps legislators see that there are other voices besides those screaming "Nazi" at town halls.
Excellent points, thank you!

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Whole Foods stock closed at its highest price in a year on Friday. Looks like that Facebook group really had an impact. :rolleyes:
Didn't just about EVERY stock close at its highest price in a year on Friday? ;)

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
A recent example of how internet activism can have an impact is this:

Glenn Beck returns to Fox News Channel after a vacation on Monday with fewer companies willing to advertise on his show than when he left, part of the fallout from calling President Barack Obama a racist.

A total of 33 Fox advertisers, including Walmart, CVS Caremark, Clorox and Sprint, directed that their commercials not air on Beck's show, according to the companies and ColorofChange.org, a group that promotes political action among blacks and launched a campaign to get advertisers to abandon him. That's more than a dozen more than were identified a week ago.