• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

New Century Literary Agency

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding any information about the New Century Literary Agency other than Thomas Frensch and Sharon Wanske are partners and that they are located in The Woodlands, Texas. Does anyone have a few more details about them? Thanks.

para

Registered
Reaction score
Well going by the majority of publishers, agents etc appear to be located in NY, I can't see how it's a good thing that they are in Texas. Google reveals nothing except two listings for the agency, which is a bit odd. How are you going to get clients if nobody knows you exist?
http://www.booktalk.com/agents2.html
http://writenotes.co.uk/literary.htm

When you google Sharon Wanslee it brings up A Desert Daughter's Odyssey by Sharon Wanslee. (New Century Books, December 2001). Coincidence?
When you google Thomas Frensch it brings up a librarything
http://www.librarything.com/author/fenschthomas is this the same guy? There doesn't appear to be anything on the other spelling.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Probably not a coincidence. My guess is this is self-pub turned agent deal. A Desert's Daughter was originally printed by Xlibris in 2000, and then a year later by New Century Books in 2001. But there's nothing out there about New Century Books, just New Century Press (which looks to be a vanity pub, btw). And given there's nothing aside from listings about New Century Literary I don't reckon they can do much for you. Even entering 'books represented by' brings up nothing.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I kind of figured that something just might be off-center with these two partners. I thought that I'd give a couple of fellow Texans a chance to woo my talents, but what I'm finding is that there just aren't many reputable agencies in the Lone Star state. Anyway--

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, New Century Books went kaput in 2005. Prior to that, it published non-fiction and reprints, including several by Mr. Frensch, if it is indeed the same person.

Regardless, I'd need to see/hear more of substance about New Century the agency in order to consider it worth querying.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Considering that I now find a newsletter announcing the formation of the agency in 1998 (Member News box, bottom of page two), I'm going to bet the agency folded with the publisher.