Beyond belief

ReallyRong

Registered
Reaction score
Over here in the UK there's been a "celebrated" criminal case of the death of a young baby boy in London. He was beaten, battered and bruised until his body gave up on him. There was much fallout amongst the social services and local medical staff who failed to pick up on the extent of the injuries, but one of the main reasons for the attention was that the names of all the people involved in the case - including the baby - were kept secret. The court order has now expired and names have been named, but reading this harrowing story is like dipping into Dickensian times. Have we really progressed as much as we would like to think? Link below, and apologies once again for using the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1206629/What-Baby-Ps-mother-Tracey-Connelly-wicked.html

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
I can't even describe the sadness I feel after reading that story. How could other adults witness this behavior and not intervene?

Her step-father said he saw that poor baby crying out to be picked up as people just ignored him, yet it "wasn't his place to interfere"?!

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
I find it unsuprising that the Baby P case turned into a media shitstorm but the countless other cases of similar abuse are barely reported. It's like the Madeline McCann incident, how many hundreds of children have gone missing since her? How much does the Daily Fail care?

Fran

Slate grey mole person
Registered
Reaction score
This is a result of a whole sickening cycle of abuse. The mother was abused, the stepfather and his brother were abused (who knows about the natural father saying he knew the mother was unfit but appears to have been in no hurry to take custody) and they then inflicted abuse. I have to believe they didn't know any better, because such a level of psychopathy with no basis for it is truly frightening.

Madeleine McCann had wealthy parents. Baby P had poor 'underclass' parents at the other 'extreme' of society. The media prefers one end of the scale or the other; they don't seem terribly interested in anything inbetween.