White House uses chain mail to counter critics

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's push to revamp health care got a boost Thursday as a new coalition of drug makers, unions, hospitals and others launched a $12 million pro-overhaul ad campaign. Meanwhile, the administration sought to regain control of the health care debate by asking supporters to forward a chain e-mail to counter criticism that's circulating on the Internet.

The e-mail by White House senior adviser David Axelrod offers reasons to support Obama's agenda — and myths to debunk.

"So let's start a chain e-mail of our own," he said, inviting supporters to forward a message countering claims that Obama's plans would lead to rationing, encourage euthanasia or deplete veterans' health care.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32407746/ns/politics-white_house/

Keep an eye on your e-mail box, maybe it will offer some detail.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Given the argument that the protests are driven by the evil medical corporations, I found this part most interesting.
a new coalition of drug makers, unions, hospitals and others launched a $12 million pro-overhaul ad campaign
So who's astroturfing the protests if the drug makers, unions, and hospitals are supporting the reform?

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Um, are the drug makers, unions and other trying to pass themselves off as a grass roots campaign while using bullying and intimidation tactics? Or are they just putting on TV ads and shit like that?

And I thought they were complaining that the Republicans were propping up those protests, not evil drug companies...

sandyn

AW Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone who disagrees with O and Company are automatically Republican or (according to Sen. Reid) 'evilmongers.' ;)

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Um, are the drug makers, unions and other trying to pass themselves off as a grass roots campaign while using bullying and intimidation tactics?

I think that's the best rhetorical question I've read all day.

AMC

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Given the argument that the protests are driven by the evil medical corporations, I found this part most interesting.

So who's astroturfing the protests if the drug makers, unions, and hospitals are supporting the reform?

The insurance companies. . .who the hell do you think??