The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Susan Zeckendorf Associates

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

[Agency] Susan Zeckendorf Associates

Does anyone have (especially recent) information on her? (Other than what I can glean from Agent Query, P&E, Query Tracker, Pub Mkt non-subscription service, basic Google search...the usual suspects....) Any personal experiences with her or her agency? Suggestions? Deal info?

She doesn't appear to have a website.

Thanks!

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Clients include Blythe Camenson, Linda Dahl, and James N. Frey, but that's all I got.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Susan Zeckendorf Associates, Inc.

I searched but didn't find an existing thread for this agent.

http://agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=336
    Does anyone have experiences to report? I know she's been around forever but I can't find much info. Listings in Jeff Herman & GLA (which says she's "actively seeking" memoirs, pop culture, women's issues & accessible literary fiction.") Can't find sales more recent than '02.

Thanks in advance for any info--

Thanks for the responses. Still haven't turned up much else on her; would anyone happen to know if she's listed in the 2010 print Writers Market or Novel/Short Story Writers Market? (I live in a rural area and it's hard to get my hands on those.) Particularly, I want to confirm what her novel submission requirements are now.

Thanks again!

Here's some info: http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaworle...Zeckendorf.htm If this is up to date, it looks like you just snail mail a query to her.
    Stewie: How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years?

Thanks, Brandi636! I just found out that query w/SASE is also listed in the 2010 Writers Market--so seems like your link is up to date too.

Btw--like the Family Guy reference....

Susan Zeckendorf Associates

I sent a snail mail query to Ms Zeckendorf at 171 West 57th St, New York, NY 10019, and it just came back marked "No Such Number, Unable to Forward." I Double checked; that's the address given in various listings.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. kaitie's Avatar
    I don't know anything about that, but you could try the email address instead.

practical experience, FTW
    Now retired, according to Agent Query

http://agentquery.com/agent.aspx?agentid=336