Newby-ish question

Mudcat

Ba-chewy chomp
Registered
Reaction score
I've looked around the forum a fair bit. Just looking for some advice on where to post.

As part of my (humor-writing) process, I like to freestyle and ramble creatively. Just muse or perhaps tell short fantastic anecdotes or vent. It's a bit hard to describe. I just like to have fun and shake up the noodle as a way to get the juices flowing.

Nothing offensive at all. Just off-beat, hopefully humorous, sometimes abstract free-styling.

I have seen the Humor and Interstices forums. They seem like the most likely candidates on the surface, but on closer inspection they seem more clinical than what I am thinking. It seems like they are more for talking about writing than actual writing. I'm not saying I don't like those forums but I fear others might be bothered by me and what I'm talking about here.

Which led me to the Share Your Work forum. That wasn't what I'm looking for. There are times I am looking for that kind of clinical criticism but not what I'm talking about here.

My guess as to the most suitable spot would be the TIO forum. I tried to start a thread there and got a message saying I wasn't authorized.

I doubt any of this is terribly clear. If some experienced forum person could just read my mind and then apply what I'm thinking to their knowledge of the forum, that would be great!

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
Post in Office Party and see if anyone bites. *shrug* Or the Sandbox. We don't really have a place for stream-of-consciousness jotting because -- guess what! -- we like to talk about writing!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Office Party is probably your best best, but maybe get to know people first and spend a while talking about writing.

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score

Crayonz

Tribal Flame Warden Ducky
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! :welcome:

Aye, try the Office Party. If it ends up as TIO material, the mods will move it there for you. And if you feel your thread might offend someone, or just stroke their fur the wrong way, then put at little warning at the top of your original post.

Anywho, hope you enjoy your time here! :D