• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

TreasureCove Press, LLC

gatehouseauthor

Registered
Reaction score
I did a forum search for Treasure Cove, but nothing came up. Does anyone have any information on this publisher? http://treasurecovepress.com/ is their website. A google search didn't return very much about them other than a link to their website. Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated!

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
They seem honest, but have no experience relevant to the field - they're at least honest and upfront about that though. However they are limiting their genres which is good, and only plan to publish 4-5 titles a year which is also a good move. I think the reply you may get from other more veteran posters here is to wait a year and see if they're still in business, and I think I agree. They look like they're trying to be realistic, so they may end up pulling through where so many other inexperienced publishers have failed.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Agreed: no track record, no evidence that they can establish one, and the only info I can find on the owner is that he recently published a novel with an imprint of the vanity press James A Rock.

M.R.J. Le Blanc

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed: no track record, no evidence that they can establish one, and the only info I can find on the owner is that he recently published a novel with an imprint of the vanity press James A Rock.

Ouch. That's not going to look very good.

Sydewinder

Banned
Reaction score
Look up. you see that bright star in the sky? I li
I was thinking of doing the same thing tri - I mean, you can always say "No thanks" if you get a bad vibe or if it's clear they don’t know their stuff. I too liked that they were at least honest about their experience, and they don’t appear to be trying to hoodwink potential authors.

Please let us know if you get any replies.
Cheers,
D

M.R.J. Le Blanc

Registered
Reaction score
My only concern is the vanity thing. Because it can illustrate poor judgement. On the other hand, it's also possible the owners realized the mistake of going with vanity publishers. It could have been a hard learning experience. Like I said, in all other respects they seem to be more realistic than most inexperienced startups and trying to make a real go of it. So who knows, maybe they'll turn out all right.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. Site's not coming up for me. Been recently cached, though, so could just be a glitch. Like the email on his sub page showing as @gmail, but the link is to @AOL ....