• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Packager] Mark Gilroy Creative (formerly Mark Gilroy Communications)

Cheryll

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings!

I recently queried this agent and he gave me some really good feedback. He read my first 6 chapters and told me he liked my style and that my story was solid. He asked me to re-contact him in 6 months due to a project he's working on right now.

I didn't find him listed here or on P & E. Apparantly, he also does "book packaging"? Not sure what that means. Here's his website:

www.markgilroy.com

Any other info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Cheryll

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Cheryll,

Last year I had a story in Mark Gilroy's book "God's Way". He was great to deal with, paid promptly and he sent me a copy of the beautiful book. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about him as an agent, though. Welcome to AW!

Susie

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
At this time, Mark Gilroy Communications, Inc. is not accepting submissions from authors to review for representation.

The MGC agency will continue to manage existing contracts, but with Mark Gilroy's move to Integrity Publishers (see front page news), he will not be taking on new clients.
As of January 2006.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
After three years with Thomas Nelson (which bought Integrity shortly after he joined them) Mr. Gilroy returned to literary management/book packaging as Mark Gilroy Creative, LLC. Same URL.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
He then was Senior V.P. at Worthy Publishing until '14, after which he co-founded Sydney Lane Press: http://www.sydneylanepress.com/

ETA: although ostensibly still a packager, in practice provides more "publishing services".

Last edited: