Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: [Agency] Mark Gilroy Creative (formerly Mark Gilroy Communications)

practical experience, FTW Cheryll's Avatar

Post [Agency] Mark Gilroy Creative (formerly Mark Gilroy Communications)

Greetings!

I recently queried this agent and he gave me some really good feedback. He read my first 6 chapters and told me he liked my style and that my story was solid. He asked me to re-contact him in 6 months due to a project he's working on right now.

I didn't find him listed here or on P & E. Apparantly, he also does "book packaging"? Not sure what that means. Here's his website:

www.markgilroy.com

Any other info that anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Cheryll

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Hi, Cheryll,

Last year I had a story in Mark Gilroy's book "God's Way". He was great to deal with, paid promptly and he sent me a copy of the beautiful book. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about him as an agent, though. Welcome to AW!

Susie

Smile

Thanks for that info, Susie.

bump...

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    At this time, Mark Gilroy Communications, Inc. is not accepting submissions from authors to review for representation.

The MGC agency will continue to manage existing contracts, but with Mark Gilroy's move to Integrity Publishers (see front page news), he will not be taking on new clients.
    As of January 2006.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

After three years with Thomas Nelson (which bought Integrity shortly after he joined them) Mr. Gilroy returned to literary management/book packaging as Mark Gilroy Creative, LLC. Same URL.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

He then was Senior V.P. at Worthy Publishing until '14, after which he co-founded Sydney Lane Press: http://www.sydneylanepress.com/
    ICAO
    ---------