Being Human - a prayer to the TV gods

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What day of the week is this airing? I can't seem to ever find it.

Caramia

Alliteration Afflicted
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday for me. (On BBC channel)

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
********SPOILER ALERT***********

This most recent episode was interesting! Not sure what is going to happen with Mitchell now that he's back in the 'fold'... does that mean he will no longer share the flat with George and Annie?

Last edited:

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
This most recent episode was interesting! Not sure what is going to happen with Mitchell now that he's back in the 'fold'... does that mean he will no longer share the flat with George and Annie?

Be sure to put somekind of **SPOILER ALERT*** if you are going to discuss the show. Some of our wayward brotheren have yet to see the show.

As for when it is on. If you have Comcast it is part of their On Demand feature and it is FREE :)

It updates every Sunday morning so I catch the episodes usually sometime during the week.

I like the fact that it seems to go in an unpredictable direction that is true to the characters.

My only regret is that I started watching the show. What I prefer is to buy the DvDs and just watch them all straight through in a weekend or two.

Now I have to freaking wait around for a whole week. AARGH!

Mel...

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Be sure to put somekind of **SPOILER ALERT*** if you are going to discuss the show. Some of our wayward brotheren have yet to see the show.

Mel...

Um, my bad.....I thought the purpose of this thread (and other TV show threads) was to discuss the show??? I personally avoided the Torchwood thread until I'd seen the show for that very reason... :(
SORRY!

Rowan

Last edited:

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Um, my bad.....I thought the purpose of this thread (and other TV show threads) was to discuss the show??? I personally avoided the Torchwood thread until I'd seen the show for that very reason... :(
SORRY!

Rowan

No biggie.

EDIT opps my below post was in the wrong thread :D

*snip*

Last edited:

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
No biggie.

EDIT opps my below post was in the wrong thread :D

*snip*

It happens! :tongue
For those of you that watched BH last night --- any thoughts? the previews indicate next week's show is the season finale!!!! That was FAST. At least we have season 2!

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
The Brits quite commonly do six hourlong or so shows for a "season." We've come to expect more here, but I think it allows them to produce some finely crafted series.

I think this is a great series, just top rate.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
The Brits quite commonly do six hourlong or so shows for a "season." We've come to expect more here, but I think it allows them to produce some finely crafted series.

I think this is a great series, just top rate.

I couldn't agree more!

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
It happens! :tongue
For those of you that watched BH last night --- any thoughts? the previews indicate next week's show is the season finale!!!! That was FAST. At least we have season 2!

What the hell, 6 episodes is a Season? We are Americans, have you seen what we call a 'small' at McDonalds. SUPER SIZE ME. Christ, only six episodes.

yeah, I saw the latest BH

***Spoiler Alert***

I liked how things really picked up and love the characters, the fight between Annie, George, and the Vampires was hilarious and felt 'real'.

I also like the fact that the Star of David kept the vampires at bay some, that was cool.

Talk about a cliff hanger ending.

I'm really looking forward to next week.

Great stuff. the thing I loved the most was how in-character the characters were. That was just amazingly fun.

George: "Who wants some of my chair!"

priceless :D

Mel...

Last edited:

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
What the hell, 6 episodes is a Season? We are Americans, have you seen what we call a 'small' at McDonalds. SUPER SIZE ME. Christ, only six episodes.

yeah, I saw the latest BH

***Spoiler Alert***

I liked how things really picked up and love the characters, the fight between Annie, George, and the Vampires was hilarious and felt 'real'.

I also like the fact that the Star of David kept the vampires at bay some, that was cool.

Talk about a cliff hanger ending.

I'm really looking forward to next week.

Great stuff. the thing I loved the most was how in-character the characters were. That was just amazingly fun.

George: "Who wants some of my chair!"

priceless :D

Mel...

***SPOILER ALERT***

Oh yeah! George and Annie and the battle of the chairs was hilarious. I also like George's choice of weapons - a cell phone charger and a whisk. I love how he delivers his lines -- it somehow just makes the character. :)
I'm hoping they don't leave us hanging re: Mitchell's condition/status.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
***SPOILER ALERT***

I just finished watching last night's episode. Wow.

I want to know what Annie said to Owen! He went totally crazy.

And is she going to go through the door? I want to know now!

:)Smish

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was visited by a dead person in my sleep, and they told me a secret. I've never revealed it to anybody, so what Annie told Owen will probably remain untold.

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was visited by a dead person in my sleep, and they told me a secret. I've never revealed it to anybody, so what Annie told Owen will probably remain untold.

Yeah, I don't think they'll tell us, either. We can probably imagine more horrors than they can invent. But I'd still like to know. :)

Last edited:

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Annie could tell you, but then she'd have to... well..... you know.... kill you :(

Mel...

Smish

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Annie could tell you, but then she'd have to... well..... you know.... kill you :(

Mel...

I guess I'll just have to wait to find out the secret. Hopefully, I'll be waiting a long time...

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
***SPOILER ALERT***

Oh yeah! George and Annie and the battle of the chairs was hilarious. I also like George's choice of weapons - a cell phone charger and a whisk. I love how he delivers his lines -- it somehow just makes the character. :)
I'm hoping they don't leave us hanging re: Mitchell's condition/status.

You can always cheat and look up the finale on YouTube :D

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Well,

saw the finale, not too bad.

***Spoiler Alert***

Finally, some werewolf on vampire action. The only problem I had with the scene was when George's girlfriend bust in in the midst of his transformation. How Annie and Mitchel could have let her do that was beyond me. But of course I realize that had to happen for the story.

Anyways, Overall, I liked the series.

If I had one knit, it would be that I wish they had the special fx budget to match the intensity of the script.

can't wait for the next season.

Mel...

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Well,

saw the finale, not too bad.

***Spoiler Alert***

Finally, some werewolf on vampire action. The only problem I had with the scene was when George's girlfriend bust in in the midst of his transformation. How Annie and Mitchel could have let her do that was beyond me. But of course I realize that had to happen for the story.

Anyways, Overall, I liked the series.

If I had one knit, it would be that I wish they had the special fx budget to match the intensity of the script.

can't wait for the next season.

Mel...

***SPOILERS***

Yeah, the finale was pretty good (overall). The season went by so fast - only 6 episodes. I'm not sure I like George's GF and that subplot (ie., what's on the horizon for her - will she stay and tell him or run off). Love that George finally got 'revenge' against all the vamps; was getting tired of Werewolves being portrayed as wimps. :) The ending was interesting --- what did that guy mean?