Reaction score
"Internet Adds 12th Website"

That's when I lost it. Hilariousness.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah! More coverage of ping-pong and women's gymnastics.

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
Yu Wan Mei Amalgamated Salvage Fisheries and Polymer Injection Corporation makes world happy.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I like the examples of American Weakness, specifically this one:

Applebee's

lol

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
"As you know, the American newspaper and print industry has been in great, great decline," Joe Randazzo, the paper's editor, tells Robert Siegel.
Randazzo goes on to say that Yu Wan Mei's intentions are pure.

"The Onion has always been a one-way conduit for information," he says. "We disdain our readers. ..."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106894674

OTOH, I'm always interested in women's gymnastics.

not_HarryS

Peen Copter Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha. Nice :) This is hilarious.

Thank God Chinese people have a terrible sense of satire, otherwise this thing'd be blocked in a second over here.

And what the eff does "Fish Perfect" mean? (The Chinese words in red along the top.) Am I missing something?

ETA: And the main article about the child learning the alphabet is seriously, seriously funny. 'Cause Chinese people (especially cab drivers, for some reason) are ALL THE TIME rambling at me about how ridiculously easy English is to learn -- in Chinese, because they can't speak English. It's just... yeah. China.

ETAA: Nevermind. Fish Perfect is the name of the company that bought the site. Silly moi :)

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I didn't see it on the list of 12 internet sites. It's likely they've never seen it.

not_HarryS

Peen Copter Aficionado
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm glad Absolute Write's on the list, otherwise I'd be purty lonely over here.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Must replace my "Area Woman" t-shirt with a "Whimpering clod who has the temerity to call myself a 'reader'". God bless La Cebolla, or however you say that in Cantonese.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well I'm glad Absolute Write's on the list, otherwise I'd be purty lonely over here.

if only projectrungay were on the list too. I need gay bloggers I've never met to tell me what to think about my favorite show!!!!!

I must find a way to rappel this great firewall

Kurtz

Fix up, look sharp.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank God Chinese people have a terrible sense of satire, otherwise this thing'd be blocked in a second over here.

A Chinese newspaper, The Beijing Evening News (a big one too, readership of over a million) once published a story taken from the Onion about Congress threatening to leave DC unless a new capitol was built with a retractable zone. New sites considered were North Carolina, Texas and Canada. Of course, the article was making fun of US sports franchises.

Evening News stood by the story, demanding proof of its falsehood. It later retracted the article, responding that "some small American newspapers frequently fabricate offbeat news to trick people into noticing them with the aim of making money."

Noah Body

Entertainment Ronin
Registered
Reaction score
A Chinese newspaper, The Beijing Evening News (a big one too, readership of over a million) once published a story taken from the Onion about Congress threatening to leave DC unless a new capitol was built with a retractable zone. New sites considered were North Carolina, Texas and Canada. Of course, the article was making fun of US sports franchises.

Evening News stood by the story, demanding proof of its falsehood. It later retracted the article, responding that "some small American newspapers frequently fabricate offbeat news to trick people into noticing them with the aim of making money."

Yeah, in China, accountability when it comes to recognizing a mistake (or in this instance, admitting that you're stealing from other venues) is a pretty rate thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.