Walter Williams uses fraudulent survey to make case against global warming

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
2209984660100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

2146545290100527759S500x500Q85.jpg

Edmund Burke said:
Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score

Very nice.

This outlines another problem I have with GW enthusiasts. When discussing planetary climate change, it helps to use a plantery time scale, namely, hundreds and thousands of years, not decades or less.

Mel...

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Classmate: "We're gonna be dead in 20 years, cause of Global Warming."

Me: "That's an unrealistic time frame."

Classmate: "What are you, a Republican?"

If only I were joking.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Classmate: "We're gonna be dead in 20 years, cause of Global Warming."

Me: "That's an unrealistic time frame."

Classmate: "What are you, a Republican?"

If only I were joking.
...and people say our educational system is going down the crapper. Where would they get such an idea? :rolleyes:

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
To be fair, she WAS a liberal arts major.

Also we were both really really high.

Okay, we weren't high.

Unless you count mexican food.

Does anyone else notice how often I say something, then retract it when someone else points out it says something I don't actually want it to say? If no one has, then I'm amazed I have gotten away with it this long. Surely, I can use this power for evil! I can even...take over the world! AHAHAHAHAHA!

Last edited:

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
The global warming issue has produced quite a few nut0jobs over the years (ELF, Sierra Club, et al.) But I've noticed that the anti-global warming crowd has gotten a few quacks recently too. (Williams, as this topic points out.)

I still find the arguments by fanatics on both sides to to be nothing short of laughable. I've seen people clai mthat global warming is the greatest hreat to humanity (not even close to being true). I've also seen, as one (former I guess) member here claim that solely because it snowed in Las Vegas, that global warming is now proven false (anyone with a kernel of sense knows that the temperature outside is in no way indicative of the existence of global warming, whether high or low. But apparently the entire field of meteorology is now moot as armchair meteorologists believe they understand how climate change works.)

Also, as stated by others, global warming has been used as a tool to generate a ton of political and monetary capital for a lot of people. But as has NOT been mentioned (not even by our "independent" members here) is that the anti-global warming movement is also being used to generate plenty of political and monetary capital.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Earlier today, I was talking to some fellow parents and mentioned that I didn't think Global Warming was inevitable, that it could be PREVENTED.

Note I said nothing about denying global warming.

And instantly, a woman said, "Lemmi guess, you're a Republican."

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
One of my friends actually suggested that he thought that we should create a dictatorship to force people to be environmentally conscious.

He's also the friend we all call "Alex the Commy" for a reason.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
To which rob replied, "No, but that wasn't a bad guess for a democrat."

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Also, as stated by others, global warming has been used as a tool to generate a ton of political and monetary capital for a lot of people. But as has NOT been mentioned (not even by our "independent" members here) is that the anti-global warming movement is also being used to generate plenty of political and monetary capital.

But they can't be equivalent. And I'd guess that it is not even close. The global warming movement is responsible for Billions, maybe even Trillions of dollars in the way of funding, initiatives, legislation, etc. etc.

In terms of both sides of the fence, Global Warming vs. Anti Global Warming.

My main beef with both sides is that they seem to be basing their arguments on POLITICAL reasons instead of SCIENTIFIC reasons. But I have to say that the pro global warming crowd is more guilty IMHO.

Mel...

SPMiller

Prodigiously Hanged
Registered
Reaction score
Website
seanpatrickmiller.com
One of my friends actually suggested that he thought that we should create a dictatorship to force people to be environmentally conscious.

He's also the friend we all call "Alex the Commy" for a reason.
Um. I'm no fan of communism, but for the record, Marxian little-c communism has little if anything to do with single-party authoritarian states. Alex the Fascist would be more accurate.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Um. I'm no fan of communism, but for the record, Marxian little-c communism has little if anything to do with single-party authoritarian states. Alex the Fascist would be more accurate.
Oh, I don't know. The dictatorship of the proletariat always suggested a bit of authoritarianism, to me.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I've also seen, as one (former I guess) member here claim that solely because it snowed in Las Vegas, that global warming is now proven false

The rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Until you're really sure I'm dead and gone, it might be prudent to not completely misrepresent (intentionally, btw, because I have corrected you in this 'misstatement' several times now) my use of snow in Vegas to segue into a series of long posts which itemized the errors in the 'science' of global warming. Some of those were deleted, but I did reconstruct them in a more civil tone and repost them.

It is disrespectful and dishonest to intentionally misrepresent a member's words, even if you think he's gone and can't defend himself against your fraudulent claims.

On the silver lining side, you did get me to post again. Once I get an appropriate apology written to the membership and Mac, I'll be back. Right now, I'm a bit swamped, but I'll spare some time soon to get it done.

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe there was an agenda behind the OP, Gregg.