Newbie & Overwhelmed Writer

Vaninsua

Registered
Reaction score
Hello:)

I joined AW not only to meet other writers, but in the hopes to receive some words of wisdom when it comes to publication.I have been writing for many years, but this is my first attempt to finally go all the way. I've been writing a novel on and off for the past 10 months (I have 2 more chapters to go...Yippie). Now I have people telling me about publishing and self-publishing. Well for the past 3 days all I have done is research...research...and more research. Everything seems to be too difficult or a scam. I am stressed and have lost the will to continue. Until this website popped up. So, here I am to refresh my second love...writing (my 4 lil ones are my 1st love). Well I just wanted to introduce myself...and say Hello!

totally overwhelmed,
VaN

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Take a deep, deep breath. Relax awhile here. Don't sweat about where you're going to submit your query yet. Finish the book. Revise it. Concentrate on that. Then think about the route YOU want to take.

Quoted for truth. The writing process does NOT end when you type "the end." After that comes rewrites, revisions, editing, etc. You've got a while to go yet. Don't rush the process - the route to publication is a long one, and if you rush it I guarantee you'll end up shooting yourself in the foot.

Fortunately, you've come to the right place. :)

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

x

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome VaN. It does look daunting, doesn't it. And authors are the perfect target to be subjugated - we have no union and very little collective pressure on agents and publishers. So, realising that, you have to turn the tables on THEM. You have to put in the time to create a story that they MUST have. And that doesn't come easy. So gird up everything that's gird-upable and write, edit, re-read, consult betas, read out loud. Do everything to get the finished product perfect. And good luck!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
5-2.gif