jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score

defcon6000

Banned
Reaction score
There is no 'real' word that starts with frz. : /

Anyone mind if I insert an 'i'? Just to keep this rollin'.

friz--

CDSinex

Imagine something clever here.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]frized

G = 9

Questions have been raised as to whether frized is a real word or not. It is according to this Link.

[/FONT]
Frizing Of Cloth

A term applied to the forming the nap of woollen cloth into a number of little hard burs or prominences covering almost the whole of the ground. It is commonly performed by a machine or mill worked by water or horses; the structure is as follows: - The principal parts are the frizer, the frizing table, and the drawer or beam; the two first are two equal planks or boards, each about ten feet long and fifteen inches broad, differing only in this, that the frizing table is covered with a coarse kind of woollen stuff, with a rough sturdy nap, and the frizer is incrustated with a kind of cement, composed of glue, gum arabic, and a yellow sand, with a little aqua vitæ, or urine. The beam or drawer, thus called because it draws the stuff from between the frizing table and the frizer, is a wooden table, beset all over with little, fine, short points or ends of wire, like those of cards used in carding of wool. The cloth, being stretched along the frizing table with that side uppermost which is to be frized, is drawn slowly over the table by the beam or drawer, whilst the frizer, which is suspended at such a distance from the table as merely to allow the cloth to pass between the two surfaces, and which has a very slow semicircular motion, meeting the long hairs or naps of the cloth, twists or rolls them into little nobs or burs; the workman supplying and stretching the cloth at one end of the table as fast as it is drawn forward by the drawer at the other end.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited: