AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a toothache.

I have a toothache.

And I want to die. That is all.

Star to the right and straight on till morning.
    a combination of paracetemol, aspirin, and caffeine works really well.

"The key to writing success is perseverance, don't get discouraged,
    write from the heart and what emerges will be worthwhile." ~Author Bob Lee

My Obsession

I'm a sparkly fairy princess! bettielee's Avatar
    ah... don't die beezle. It'll be alright.

**Offers beezle a fluffy blanket and a teddy bear... offers kitty first, but kitty is mean. Throws kitty over side of couch**

have a cute kitty instead

I have a new blog! Reading, Writing, Rithmancy
    current post:Review: The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms

Current project: CAMP NANOWRIMO! Trying to finish a Gothic Romance (this is so old it's right again

Twitter
    And please add me on Goodreads!

Sigh. I think the painkillers are kicking in. They're good for about 1 hour out of every 4. I can't even call my dentist to make an appointment until Monday. And I'm supposed to be going to my brother's birthday dinner tomorrow. Ain't life grand.

Get some oil of cloves and dab it all over the tooth and around the site. It's been used for centuries for toothaches. Actually, after I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I wound up with dry socket which was agonizing. My dentist packed the socket with a mixture of clove oil and some kind of antiseptic/antibiotic. Instant relief.

Feel better soon.

Website | Blog | Openings That Work | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Google+

WHITE HORSE, coming April 17 (US/Canada), April 24 (Australia), and April 26 (UK), 2012 from Emily Bestler Books/Atria (Simon & Schuster).

I've heard clove oil can cause health problems- toxic, or some such. Was I misinformed?

What I hate even worse than the pain is the sense of helplessness. Nothing I do works. I hold ice to my face, dishclothes soaked in hot water, I gargle salt water, I'm brushing my teeth constantly, I'm taking very hot showers just to distract myself... and... no, I was wrong. The pain is the worst.

In other news, the most recent painkillers did nothing. Here's hoping the next lot will.
    Last edited by Vincent; 07-11-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beezle View Post
    I've heard clove oil can cause health problems- toxic, or some such. Was I misinformed?
    Sure, if you drink it, but a bit dabbed on the tooth and gum will be fine. Here's what wikipedia had to say about it.

I feel for you, I really do. A toothache is NO fun.

WHITE HORSE, coming April 17 (US/Canada), April 24 (Australia), and April 26 (UK), 2012 from Emily Bestler Books/Atria (Simon & Schuster).

Co-codamol. It is nice 'n' strong, but you're limited to what other drugs you can take at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon.
    The blog, which may not be updated regularly enough. -- I'm linking to other AW blogs here. -- There's some nonsense here when I can be bothered.
    Don't hold your breath...

Quote Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
    Dude, I am not that flexible.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
    The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    I was going to say cloves. It doesn't even have to be oil. But god...the taste. I feel for you...there's not a lot worse than a toothache. Hopefully your dentist has emergency appointment space and they can see you on Monday. Hang in there.
    **My 6th novel, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE, releases February 6th, 2018! (LGBTQ Young Adult)
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page

The irony is, I've been writing a story about an evil dentist.

Stand in the Place Where You Live KTC's Avatar
    and they say that truth is even stranger than fiction. don't let him put you out. stick to your guns. don't take the shot either.
    **My 6th novel, PRIDE MUST BE A PLACE, releases February 6th, 2018! (LGBTQ Young Adult)
    Get Burn Baby Burn Baby today! Now on the 2016 In the Margins Book Awards List!
    I blog
    I INSTAGRAM
    I Tweet
    I have 5 novels published. You can see them here on my Amazon Author Page

practical experience, FTW TabithaTodd's Avatar
    Here's what you do (coming from someone who can't afford dental care and has a few very bad teeth right now)...

1. Garlic clove - bite down on it over the offending tooth, the garlic has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties (like antibiotics) that will kill infections. It's infections that cause the pain of a tooth ache.

2. Onion - same as garlic

3. Peroxide - stings for a second but instant relief. Take a q-tip and dip it in peroxide then put it over the offending tooth and bite down. You'll feel a bit of a sting, bubbling and then relief.

4. If it's a cavity, tooth gum (any pharmacy should have it) with a bit of clove oil. A few drops of clove oil in the cavity then pack it with the tooth gum. It's a temp fix before seeing a dentist.

last one WILL destroy the tooth more but oh so nice for relief and instant relief:

If you have Advil in liquid capsule form, break open a capsule and squeeze a few drops on your finger, swipe this across the tooth - total instant relief!!! For hours!!!

WARNING : tastes like the worse thing you can imagine, do not rinse tooth but you can drink and eat as normal. It will make you gag the first few times but you get used to it. Any liquid capsule form of Advil works (regular, migraine, ect)

Author Blog http://tabithatodd.wordpress.com

Silent Invasion

Night & Day

practical experience, FTW
    Or...do you remember that scene Tom Hanks did in Castaway?

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    Gee, Beezle, sure hope you'll get rid of that toothache quickly. Oh, & please don't die. (((((HUGS)))))).

Thanks everyone. I'm loaded up on painkillers and will try to sleep now. Last night the little sleep I had was all full of dreams of having a toothache. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by beezle View Post
    The irony is, I've been writing a story about an evil dentist.
    Gasp! Let me know right away if any other parts of your story comes true. You might have opened a doorway that needs to be shut.

I have experience in this.

We'll need an old priest and a young priest...

Current project: CAMP NANOWRIMO! Trying to finish a Gothic Romance (this is so old it's right again

Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bettielee View Post

We'll need an old priest and a young priest...
    And pea soup.

Hope it gets better!
    Tumblr
    Blog-- Latest post: some updates about my life, in which I ask for advice about how to deal with big changes.

Follow me on Twitter

A couple of years ago, I had a filling fall out. This left my nerve exposed, and I think that was just about the worst pain I've felt in my life...right up there with a kidney infection I had. I've given birth to five children, and that was a walk in the park compared to that tooth pain. I cried like a baby, because the pain was unrelenting until I could get to the dentist. I actually had to go to the ER and get some sort of temporary filling until I got in to see him.

You have my heartfelt sympathies, Beezle. It's the worst.
    W.S.F.A. today! (Write Something F***ing Awesome)

An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:

Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress

Star to the right and straight on till morning.
    Don't they have after hours clinic? Sheesh I take some things for granted here.

"The key to writing success is perseverance, don't get discouraged,
    write from the heart and what emerges will be worthwhile." ~Author Bob Lee

My Obsession

Quote Originally Posted by aadams73 View Post
    Get some oil of cloves and dab it all over the tooth and around the site. It's been used for centuries for toothaches. Actually, after I had my wisdom teeth pulled out I wound up with dry socket which was agonizing. My dentist packed the socket with a mixture of clove oil and some kind of antiseptic/antibiotic. Instant relief.

Feel better soon.
    Wait... aa .. are you George Clooney? He told this story on Letterman....

Twitter

Can we just pretend she's George Clooney and call her George?

Yes, I am secretly George. Don't tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie View Post
    Can we just pretend she's George Clooney and call her George?
    Don't go batting those eyelashes at me, missy.

I'm all kinds of loopy from days of lack of sleep and lack of food and painkillers... especially the painkillers... but in the last couple hours I feel human again. The antibiotics I started last night are doing something. I guess that means I have an abscess.

It's the tooth I had root canal done on last year. Part of the filling came away, exposing this little titanium pin inserted through my tooth to reinforce it. I didn't even notice at first, but it must have provided a highway for bacteria to travel right down into the root.

Anyway, looks like I won't kill myself after all. Thanks guys

Thanks, special friend for my avi! AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady Susie's Avatar
    So glad you won't, beezle. All will be well and very glad those antibiotics are working! ((((((HUGS))))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast