• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] Already Published / AlreadyPublished.com

swvaughn

adrift
Registered
Reaction score
I got that spam, too.

Man, I never get the good spam. I always get the knock-off version. I get the scram - I think it's chicken-flavored ham in a can, or possibly stir-fried tofu.

The only semi-writing related spam I get is stuff with the word "agent" in the subject. I get all excited, thinking I'm being dishonorably propositioned, only to find they mean real estate agents.

*sigh*

V. Greene

Ditching the pseudonym
Registered
Reaction score
I must say, at present anyone adding his/her book would get to keep some pretty rarified company!

cosmiccreepers

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, This is Already Published.

I feel terrible that you think I spammed you. It whole heartily wasn’t my intention. My intention was to contact authors and introduce them to the site to see if it would be something they would like to be part of. I put a lot of work into creating it to help people find a book they’d like to read. I figured that by posting the first chapter anyone could sample the book, like they would when visiting an actual bookstore. [Other sites have this similar feature – such as Amazon, Lulu etc.]

The service is 100% free, I’m not scamming anyone, and there is no trick. In the few days it’s been up I’ve received great feedback from people who are finding it useful.

I came about creating the site because I have family members and two friends who are published and they were having a difficult time with PR and getting the word out that they have a book. And I notice on this site some were having a similar issue. My site is just another platform for creating awareness.

I hope you understand where I was coming from. To my understanding people were only email once [If you received two emails I apologize.] I am another person who dislikes spam and I can’t say it enough, that it wasn’t my intension to cause any inconveniences.

I truly feel awful that people feel this way. If you visit the site, you will see what it is truly meant for. I hope you find a good read [whether it is on the site or not].

John

------------------------
P.S. This is the email I sent out and I feel this is a genuine email.

Hi,

As a soon to be published author, (crossing my fingers!) I created a website for published authors to easily advertise their book(s) online for free.

And we also help you sell your book by adding a purchase link to websites where your book can be found. [Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Lulu, CreateSpace etc…]

Visit http://www.alreadypublished.com to submit your book. It’s real simple. If you have any ideas I’m open!

P.S. There are many books, which have already been submitted. If you’re looking for a good read, Already Published is a new and great place to start! Thanks John.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
You should understand that an unsolicted email from a stranger pushing a service is spam. I spam blocked your address and others may have done the same. Such mass-mailing really is counter-productive. I have also noticed the service being pushed on the forums where it isn't really on topic.

cosmiccreepers

Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoy Absolutewrite and I want things remain pleasant. I'm just a little hurt. I just wanted to be able to respond and make aware my true intentions.

veinglory:
Just so others are aware the site is offered in only three postings under the Book Promotion Ideas and Advice forum for the following threads: Need advise on selling books , Has anyone here encountered allbookreviews.com?, Authors helping each other with book promotion

And once in the self promotion forum.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
All I know is that I felt like I was being spammed and it seems I wasn't the only one. That may seem unfair but no insult is intended--that was how it felt to me and you are better of knowing IMHO than not knowing.

You may want to fine tune your marketing approach to authors, especially those who run websites that attract a lot of spam. I am curious about where you got my email address because if we are aquainted, or I gave it to you to use, that would be entirely different. Otherwise you may find yourself running into legal issues when someone forwards your email to the spam cops.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoy Absolutewrite and I want things remain pleasant. I'm just a little hurt. I just wanted to be able to respond and make aware my true intentions.

veinglory:
Just so others are aware the site is offered in only three postings under the Book Promotion Ideas and Advice forum for the following threads: Need advise on selling books , Has anyone here encountered allbookreviews.com?, Authors helping each other with book promotion

And once in the self promotion forum.
Huh. Funny how those posts are by someone with the same IP as you...and who was just a few months ago comment-spamming for ChapterRead, which is another of your sites. Care to explain?

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to give John the benefit of the doubt on the spam subject, given that it doesn't appear his first language is english. I know it may seem strange, but there are genuinely people out there who aren't aware of the concept of spamming either at all or fully.

So John, if you didn't know well now you know. I hope you'll keep that in mind from now on. If people are interested in your service, they'll find you. Get them to find you with good, productive advertising. What you did, while by some is touted as an advertising tool really isn't a tool at all because it annoys people.

herdon

What's up?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ipad.about.com
I don't think ignorance changes whether or not it is spam, and so far as his spamming, he certainly should be made aware that it is not very good manners.

As for the site itself, so long as he's not charging a fee, I don't see that it harms anyone.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. Both Already Published and ChapterRead are gone.