• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ghost Road Press

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Founded by Matthew Davis and Sonya Unrein (who is no longer co-owner).

Have you read any of their books and/or seen them in stores near you?

What do you expect for your book?

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Their websites states: "Several Colorado book stores carry GRP titles, including the Tattered Cover and Book Buffs. If our titles are not in your favorite shop, you can order many titles from Small Press Distributors, every title from amazon.com and bn.com and books.com, or ask your store to order. It is very important to support independent book stores and presses, so if you can, please find ways to patronize them."

I'm going to hope that the last part is meant as tongue-in-cheek.

bookgirl71

Registered
Reaction score
Well apparently they have distribution. They also publish hardcover. I read a nice interview about them saying they only publish 12 books a year. They were going crazy the following year and published 20 books but brought the list size back down to 12 the following year and plan to stick by that because they want to produce quality books. Sounds like they believe giving their full attention to detail and to me, that sounds admirable.
If they can distribute to a small indie bookstore - then that counts as brick and mortar for me- getting them on the shelf of a major chain might take some prodding but doesn't sound impossible.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Love the way the hacker tries to make it look like he's doing them a favor [/sarcasm]. I feel badly for them, because small businesses don't always find it in their finances to hire gunslinger admins. I suppose this might be one argument for going with a web services provider who *does* have that level of experience on staff.

ETA: That last is just a general comment, not an aspersion on GRP.

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
And the hacker speaks real good english too. "...we want to warn you That your web still has large of vulnerability."

Anyway, the submissions page says they're not taking submissions at this time. (And a sweet note from my anti-virus program blocked a virus/worm/whatever.) I'm afraid to submit a message to them on their contact us page, since it asks for an email address. Don't need whoever hacked that site to get hold of my email.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They recovered the site at some point, but hard to say how long it's been "new site coming soon" .... They did put out a Kindle book in early '11.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site never returned and is now a SEO "blog". Nothing further published.