The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Ghost Road Press

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Ghost Road Press

Hi, Ghost Road Press has requested my full ms. Has anyone dealt with them?

Ghost Road Press

Yep, that would be them.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Founded by Matthew Davis and Sonya Unrein (who is no longer co-owner).

Have you read any of their books and/or seen them in stores near you?

What do you expect for your book?
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan M.R.J. Le Blanc's Avatar
    Their websites states: "Several Colorado book stores carry GRP titles, including the Tattered Cover and Book Buffs. If our titles are not in your favorite shop, you can order many titles from Small Press Distributors, every title from amazon.com and bn.com and books.com, or ask your store to order. It is very important to support independent book stores and presses, so if you can, please find ways to patronize them."

I'm going to hope that the last part is meant as tongue-in-cheek.
    Follow me on my Blog
    I'm also on Facebook
    I have a Dragon Cave

Ghost Road Press

Well apparently they have distribution. They also publish hardcover. I read a nice interview about them saying they only publish 12 books a year. They were going crazy the following year and published 20 books but brought the list size back down to 12 the following year and plan to stick by that because they want to produce quality books. Sounds like they believe giving their full attention to detail and to me, that sounds admirable.
    If they can distribute to a small indie bookstore - then that counts as brick and mortar for me- getting them on the shelf of a major chain might take some prodding but doesn't sound impossible.

figuring it all out IGLOOGREENHOUSE's Avatar
    um, have they been hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by IGLOOGREENHOUSE View Post
    um, have they been hacked?
    You need to ask?
    Changing Gears (available now) -- Winning the race doesn’t equal winning at life.

The DragonSpawn Cycle: AutumnQuest | WinterMaejic | SpringFire | SummerDanse available for Kindle

Author website | Author blog

Love the way the hacker tries to make it look like he's doing them a favor [/sarcasm]. I feel badly for them, because small businesses don't always find it in their finances to hire gunslinger admins. I suppose this might be one argument for going with a web services provider who *does* have that level of experience on staff.

ETA: That last is just a general comment, not an aspersion on GRP.
    Last edited by DreamWeaver; 11-21-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Why doesn't George R. R. Martin use Twitter? He already killed off all 140 characters.

Your Genial Uncle Absolute Sage James D. Macdonald's Avatar
    If anyone has their email (or is a close enough friend to call 'em on the phone) a nice note might be appreciated.

Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
    And the hacker speaks real good english too. "...we want to warn you That your web still has large of vulnerability."

Anyway, the submissions page says they're not taking submissions at this time. (And a sweet note from my anti-virus program blocked a virus/worm/whatever.) I'm afraid to submit a message to them on their contact us page, since it asks for an email address. Don't need whoever hacked that site to get hold of my email.

They recovered the site at some point, but hard to say how long it's been "new site coming soon" .... They did put out a Kindle book in early '11.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

Site never returned and is now a SEO "blog". Nothing further published.
    ICAO
    ---------